Server is full

Omaru

i have a bunch of characters and cant login to "theharbinger" i have chars above 20 and dont feel like switching to a diff server. why does it do this?

Well...because the server is full. There's too many players on that server at that moment when you try to log in. However you do get put in a queue and you just have to wait for a while before you can log into your server.

i have a bunch of characters and cant login to "theharbinger" i have chars above 20 and dont feel like switching to a diff server. why does it do this?

Well first, you answered your own question in your title. The server is full.

And second, that is the risk if you start in a heavily populated server. There is nothing you can do about it for now. I have the same problem (but you don't see me complaining) and that is why I actually have characters on a less populated server so that my playing time is never wasted.

A full server is one of those "good problems." Many players are stuck on servers with barely any players, unable to do group content, or pvp.

Be happy that you only have to wait a few minutes to play on a thriving, populated server, rather than waiting hours to do any group content on a dead server.