Thank You Dr. Zeschuk!

jimrazdoom

I have a 3-6 month rule for mmorpg's. That is, I wait for 3-6 months after release to sub, simply because the multitude of gameplay mechanics/systems inherent to the genre require at least that much time live to polish to make the game enjoyable.

But TOR is a Bioware game. And this is 100% true: KotOR is the only game I ever played through 3 times. Hell, even Planescape: Torment only got 2 play throughs. Gasp, I know.

So I jumped on the TOR bandwagon at the start. At launch. Go figure. And it was a blast. I forget which of your dev's said it best: "We wanted to create a world where you could play with your Star Wars action figures with your friends." So true!

And I also listened to another quote about endgame, the idea that you would roll an alt. Build a legacy, explore the stories and the world. So that is how I played. I listened. For the 1st time I didn't grind to 50 straight away to do endgame. It's Bioware. The 4th pillar. I left the space bar alone...well at least with regards to the class quests, because I know you guys can check that stuff :)

And the 1.2...the "Jesus" patch. And it is! It's the best quality of life update I've ever seen! I'm such an altoholic...I was having a blast until I logged out and saw the announcement that came down on 4/12.

And now it's fixed. Of course it should be tied to legacy, not level. Legacy is what makes TOR different. And story. I daydream about my TOR stories, I do. I'm a nerd. But now I don't feel stupid about not racing to 50 in TOR like every other mmog I've played. Which is plenty.

Thanks for earning my loyality.

Jim Radzom, Portland Oregon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.