Why can't we add companions to the family tree?

Cataphractone

This seemed odd to me as well. Is this a feature we might expect in a coming update? It just feels wrong having my Sith Warrior married twice. Vette is already relatively insecure about my Warrior's motives in regards to their relationship. The fact that I have this in game system stating that he's "actually" married to my Bounty Hunter is just... weird.

Because they are companion characters who are "canon" for everyone of that class. It would not make sense that they are married to you in your family tree and then had your child who grew up, is the same class as your main and gets his 21 year old parent as a companion.

I understand the paradox, but it is just as logical as being able to marry them in your story line and have a different wife listed at the same moment in your family tree.

Something needs to be done to bring it into line, also I doubt many people play the same class twice.

I would also like to have the ability to add other players into my family tree and network multiple trees.

I understand the paradox, but it is just as logical as being able to marry them in your story line and have a different wife listed at the same moment in your family tree.

Something needs to be done to bring it into line, also I doubt many people play the same class twice.

I would also like to have the ability to add other players into my family tree and network multiple trees.

It's just an example.

Honestly, marrying companions just seems to be Bioware's touch to their games where you romance a follower and "promise" to marry them some day. The same thing happens with Liara, Morrigan, Ashley etc. It's not a real marriage in the sense of story, it's just something you say until the sequel makes you "forget" that you said anything when the new companions roll around and you want to romance them.

Besides, you're married to two people. Who cares? What, is Space Jerry Springer going to have you on his show next week?

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

I can see it being pretty common to play the same class twice to be fair.

I am already considering it with the Imperial agent to have one sniper and one operative because the two are completely different playstyles... yet both would have Kaliyo.

Though having Kaliyo married to multiple people is perhaps believable, having her married to her own son is slightly more iffy territory.

I can see it being pretty common to play the same class twice to be fair.

I am already considering it with the Imperial agent to have one sniper and one operative because the two are completely different playstyles... yet both would have Kaliyo.

Though having Kaliyo married to multiple people is perhaps believable, having her married to her own son is slightly more iffy territory.

Though incest is no stranger in the Star Wars universe.

Right, Leia?

:D

I do agree about needing to be able to add other players to our family trees, they keep saying how much this is for RPers but we can only "marry" our own characters for the legacy system... seems like a lonely time to me :p

They could even make it a credit sink too (not too expensive though i would hope), make us buy an item that lets us offer our character to another player for thier family tree. Doesn't even have to give any benifits, just would be nice to have them shown.

The idea of legacy unlocks in relation to companions in the family tree is an interesting one.

Perhaps after completing all sub-missions for a specific companion it could unlock the companion in your legacy tree just like a standard player character and held to the same restrictions as PCs (So you don't have 8 vettes in your tree, married to each of your characters for example).

This would allow to have one specific character to be listed as married to a companion, whilst being a rival to another, and even make characters that are children of your companion.

Of course droid companions raise a whole wealth of questionable areas... I find it hard to imagine my Guardian would marry T7 and have a child with it for example. So it would perhaps require further rules and expansion of the existing legacy tree to filter out certain impossible connections before it could be practical in the game itself.

Edited by Tikigit