Marauder Abilities Not being Instant Cast causing other trees to be useless.

PunisherAS

Just went through 3 trees today with Parser to see which tree was better DPS and I noticed a few things that prevent certain trees to do more damage than others.

For example,

Force Crush, supposed to be an instant cast.

You end up being stuck in a 1.5-2 second animation, slowing down your Burst DPS.

Force Scream, supposed to be an instant cast.

Its not as bad a Force Crush but it still kills about 1 second as you have to wait for the animation to finish.

The problem:

Rage tree lacks the DPS to keep up due to every time you use Force Crush it lacks the "Instant" cast that causes your DPS to slow over time. The two main abilities that require you to keep your smash crits up are Force Choke and Force Crush. Force Crush has the animation you get stuck in, and Force Choke doesn't do enough damage over time to be reliable in a Raid/PVP situation.

Force Scream which is used consecutively in Carnage also prevents the user to constantly provide DPS due to the animation that causes the user to get stuck in.

Heres some statistics over the 2 trees vs Annh.

We had two marauders level 50 battle a training droid naked with the two same main hand and offhands.

Carnage vs Annh.

46% vs 54%

Rage vs Annh.

48% vs 52%

Now carnage lacks enough DPS or crits to be reasonable in any PVE/PVP situation.

Rage comes close, but constantly gets the lack of burst due to the Force Crush animation which is supposed to be instant.

Hope Biowares sees this and makes it aware to their attention.

There are a lot of abilities that say "Instant Cast" but really aren't instant.

Seconds are crucial to being a Marauder.

If a video is needed I'll provide a video.

This and the fact that there instant cast" abilities smash and force charges clearly have a delay when being performed, unlike the sentinels force sweap and force leap...the sentinel as a whole plays much better for this very reason which also needs fixed, bw said they are aware of it but doesn't look like anything has been done to fix it yet. They got to the shadows project now though...marauders turn next I guess.

Heres some statistics over the 2 trees vs Annh.

We had two marauders level 50 battle a training droid naked with the two same main hand and offhands.

Carnage vs Annh.

46% vs 54%

Rage vs Annh.

48% vs 52%

What do the percentages represent?

And I agree about Force Scream... the finishing animation kinda gimps us, that's why I took it off my hotbar and my dps rose by 100 points.

Like i said before, this moving/force screaming aint the issue, it's the animation and more importantly.... the delays on force charge and smash are unnacceptable, considering there mirror the Sentinel do not have delays on such abilities... Force Leap/Sweep.

OT; the fact the sentinel's dots for example are so apparent compared to the marauders bleed's is just another reason they fail at making mirror classes.

Do you have your "Ability Action Queue Window" set to 0.0? in the controls options? it may not necessarily help with immediate skills, but it will help not having a skill pop after the animation because it was "queued" with a button press

That doesn't fix what the OP is talking about at all.

It will just fire your next skill after the Force Scream, but the delay occurs BEFORE it fires (the part where you bring your hands up to your mouth; the skill should be firing already at the point your arms are still all bunched up near your face), and then there is a travel delay on top of that.

I've noticed this a lot and it can be frustrating at times when that extra second is the difference between a kill or someone being healed back up to 30%.