Bad Backup!!!

Hadanta

Sounds to me, that they didn't setup a new backup folders to the sand for all the servers. They run a backup last night before the patch fix. Then they restored said new backup. Some of the servers restore from the old backup folders from the sand. This was not a DEV problem, but more of a I.T. problem. I manage over 500 servers at a center in Palo Alto. They most of your have a account for fb lol. The restore just loaded some servers with 1.2 others with 1.1. Lets say your toon was on fleet with a 1.2 patch last night. Fleet was restore with a backup of 1.1. Your toon will not be there anymore. Unless you had logout in the same location. Your toon is gone at that point. If it couldn't save your location, then it cant restore you, when you log back into the game. The fast way to fix this, would be take a 2 or 3 day old back up restore the servers. Then add patch 1.2 to that restore server. Then tell everyone, that we f-up and you have to start 1.2 over again. Everything you did on 1.2 is at a lost. Even the 3 million credits you made from the GTN you made it gone.