1.2 target Expertise rating

gibmachine

So with the change to how Expertise scales and its DR, anyone knows what is the optimal Expertise value to have? I understand that Expertise became more desired in pvp (I remember reading about it in a dev blog or something like that) but not sure if it makes it worth to wear all pvp pieces or is it more profitable to stick with a couple of pve as well.

Any takers?

That's like asking how you should play your marauder and which spec to go to. instead of asking everyone - why don't you look at the gear, do some research with some testing and then tell everyone?

I will but it doesn't hurt to ask if someone else did as well if only to compare results.

How dare you come to forums about Marauders and ask other Marauders questions pertaining to the class! Didn't you know these forums are only for posting links to YouTube videos of Annihilation PVP (with terrible dubstep music)?!!@#?

You forgot to add in Drowning Pool - "Bodies."

How dare you come to forums about Marauders and ask other Marauders questions pertaining to the class! Didn't you know these forums are only for posting links to YouTube videos of Annihilation PVP (with terrible dubstep music)?!!@#?

lol...awesome.

Currently if you're a full BM geared player then you're going to have about 1100 expertise. I'm currenlty sitting at 1150 expertise because I bought one of the expertise crystals from the specialty crystal vendor so I my light saber currently gives me 141 expertise as it stands which is freakin' amazing. 1150 expertise gets me 22% damage to players and 18% damage reduction from players. I think this is what people will be aiming for.

By never enough expertise...i meant that you always want to get as much as possible. It calculates the difference in expertise that you have on your pvp target as your actual rating. So the only time you actually get DR is fighting someone with 0 or very low expertise :p.