Post 1.2 - spec discussion (DPS)

Sticksabbi

Hey guys, For multiple reasons I'd rather not get into I decided to re-spec to DPS after the 1.2 healing nerf. Now I've been Bodyguard spec'd since shortly after I hit 50 on my BH about 3 months ago. So I'm a bit clueless on what's good for DPS specs.

I was thinking about going arsenal since I primarily plan on doing PVE content. Here's the spec I'm thinking about.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMskrRrdokfzZf.1

I was trying to decide what good rotation for this build would be as well. I was thinking it would be Tracer Missile > TM to get 4 stacks of Heat sigs on the target then Unload, then TM, Heatseaker Missile. Then PS, and till I get an unload proc or TM to refresh the heat sig stack. Maybe toss in a Rail shot every so often and HM every time it comes off cooldown.

Also, how's Pyro for PVE? I've heard it's great for PVP, but I'm looking for the optimal PVE build here.

Edited by Sticksabbi

Lol, no stabilisers? Enjoy your pushback on tracer. Get rid of the alacrity and fill out stabilisers.

Your rotation is simply keeping 5 heat sig stacks up, and then using unload proc, heatseekers, and railshot, aslong as 5 stacks are up - refreshing them with tracer obviously. No powershot.

Edited by Sinsavz

Lol, no stabilisers? Enjoy your pushback on tracer. Get rid of the alacrity and fill out stabilisers.

Your rotation is simply keeping 5 heat sig stacks up, and then using unload proc, heatseekers, and railshot a aslong as 5 stacks are up, refreshing them with tracer obviously. No powershot.

Yeah, I was working under the assumption if your getting hit in combat your doing it wrong, so to speak. Sounds like it was about as expected on the rotation though. So do you always want to open with 2-3 TM to get the stacks up or would it be worth it to use an unload first and hope for a unload proc while your building the Heat sig stack?

Yeah, I was working under the assumption if your getting hit in combat your doing it wrong, so to speak. Sounds like it was about as expected on the rotation though. So do you always want to open with 2-3 TM to get the stacks up or would it be worth it to use an unload first and hope for a unload proc while your building the Heat sig stack?

Personally I always use the 3 tracers first - that extra armor reduction will make your unload hit harder, and the proc is still going to be there when you're done with tracers, there's no rush to use it right that second.

yeah I guess it depends on the likelyhood of getting an unload proc from 3 back2back TM's if it's like 75% I'd say it would be worth it to get to unload twice in under 8 seconds. Dunno guess I'll try it both ways on the target dummy and see.

EDIT: NM I see what your saying now

EDIT 2: Actually on second thought wouldn't that work? Unload > Tracer> Unload Proc >Tracer > Tracer > Unload ? Tracer is a 2 sec cast right? So if you unload then get a unload proc on the first tracer you could hit tracer twice more and still have 2 seconds left to hit unload again. Am I not understanding that right?

Edited by Sticksabbi