An open letter to our COMMUNITY. We have to band together.

laffingseals

I see other possible directions this game could go in, and they're better than the current one.

Criticism makes games better, not worse. Iteration makes games better, not worse.

Stagnation and complacency make games worse.

This game is not your baby.

I see other possible directions this game could go in, and they're better than the current one.

Criticism makes games better, not worse. Iteration makes games better, not worse.

Stagnation and complacency make games worse.

This game is not your baby.

You are absolutely correct but let's not forget:

Volatile criticism makes a game's community WORSE, not better, thereby making the game worse.

Ridiculously over repeated iterations make games stagnant via the same boring repetitive complaints people have to wade through to glean insight from constructive criticism, NOT more exciting.

Stagnation and complacency are caused by people simply getting tired of the above issues and so they just lay back instead of trying to make themselves heard over the nonsensical clamor of thousands of pages of rhetorical minutia clogging the forums and game chat.

And so yes, those things are issues, but the issues don't originate out of thin air, they are born of people insisting that THEIR issue which is EXACTLY THE SAME as a hundred other issues pushed out at the same time... are more important.

So while your point is extremely valid, and I tend to agree: it's the origination of those things that point directly back to the OP, of which his point is also valid and understood.

Volatile criticism makes a game's community WORSE, not better, thereby making the game worse.

this games community was already bad from day 1

pro tip.look at world of warcraft,theres your community of sw tor.and days like today are just more proof of it,look at how many people are complaining about downtime,they did the exact same thing in world of warcraft i bet

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Growing pains.

It is what it is, every MMO has it's woes. Criticism does make things better, although that isn't all the game is getting. As in a wall of flame...

Pay no attention to the ones who say "unsubbing" or "I'm going to quit." Idle threats, nothing more.

Go ahead and leave... I'd rather play with the loyal ones anyways.

this games community was already bad from day 1

pro tip.look at world of warcraft,theres your community of sw tor

Oh, I already know.

We have a "Post of the Day" we vote on that we rip straight from SWTOR or the WoW forums each raid night before we pull. It's rather amusing, and it gives us a good laugh for the rest of the night while we clear content.

This thread is pointless. They killed their game with the free 30 days to "loyal" customers. Been playing since pre release with no intentions of canceling. Well, I have 4 days left til my sub expires because I'm not a loyal customer...I have no level 50. No need to pay another month. GL with the the few who didn't unsub after that stunt.

Growing pains.

It is what it is, every MMO has it's woes. Criticism does make things better, although that isn't all the game is getting. As in a wall of flame...

Pay no attention to the ones who say "unsubbing" or "I'm going to quit." Idle threats, nothing more.

This Jedi hit the nail on the head.

This game, and the staff is amazing.

Think about this:

They gave 1 free day of play b/c of today's "downtime."

They gave 1 free month to current players with L50 toons.

Can you name ANY other MMO that rewards its players this way?

I don't care if they have unexpected downtime, the fact that they communicate this quickly, instead of leaving vital parts of a game broken make the difference to me.

This thread is pointless. They killed their game with the free 30 days to "loyal" customers. Been playing since pre release with no intentions of canceling. Well, I have 4 days left til my sub expires because I'm not a loyal customer...I have no level 50. No need to pay another month. GL with the the few who didn't unsub after that stunt.

So, you're saying that people with level 50's in the game are "few"?

Ok.

Seems odd to me an MMO, 4 months after release would have so few and little amount of level capped characters, but hey, I don't have the statistics just going by my own decade of MMO experience.

Growing pains.

I approve of this message.

The game is going in the best direction possible

Titanic had a good speed and direction on 1912.14.04 and after it pass the iceberg it had a change of direction straight at the bottom of the ocean.

Edited by Phenyr

Hello all,

We ask that topics be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community itself. We are going to close this thread, but please do feel free to join in on discussions about specific game-related topics.