The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need to up my DPS

Zeekster

I started a Powertech because I wanted to give tanking a try. It is fun but I miss my dps class. Have always played pure DPS in other games. So I did some searching and found a guide that I have been using. I have been using the Advanced Prototype build talked about here.

I'm not sure that build is working that well. I am looking for some other suggestions on build and rotation for high DPS. I don't do much PVP. I mostly want it for Ops missions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I started a Powertech because I wanted to give tanking a try. It is fun but I miss my dps class. Have always played pure DPS in other games. So I did some searching and found a guide that I have been using. I have been using the Advanced Prototype build talked about here.

I'm not sure that build is working that well. I am looking for some other suggestions on build and rotation for high DPS. I don't do much PVP. I mostly want it for Ops missions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

See my sig, and ignore anything Vexx's suggested outside of the Iron Fist. His AP guide is horrendous, and so is the sithwarrior one. The one here is much better because it came from a compilation of logic and various players advice and suggestions. Taking one look at the tree and playing it even for 10 seconds would let you know that you would never lead an attack with RB ever.

Also he says to use Unload in your rotation, which is mind-boggling baffling. I am surprised he doesn't tell you to use Missile blast. He also claims Immolate has a powerful dot, which I am still waiting to see. Though his most egregious error was stating that the entire tree is about Retractable Blade which would make it the single worst designed tree in the entire game. (The Tree is based around the 12 second rule :p. RB is just there to confuse you)

Don't feel bad, I started off with Vexx's crap guide and I gave up AP because it was so unwieldy and hard to play that way. It took some time, and my 3 days as AP and some advice from some of the smart players on this forum to let me see. Than the guide below was written.

Read it, think about it, and hit me with any questions you might have.

Edited by TheOpf

Thanks!

If you followed the guide you linked, I could definitely see your frustration. It is full of bad/wrong advice. I personally would NOT use any advice outside of this forum. You have the most active PTs here giving you the latest findings, advice, tips, etc... It's even better than its counterpart, the Vanguard's forum.

The game is still fairly new, most of these "guides" on a google search have been done in haste just to lure traffic. They either have information that's outdated, or just plain wrong from lack of experience playing the class.

Tell us exactly what you are looking to do as a PT, what is your playstyle, and I am sure people here will give you a much better perspective on the class.