The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield post 1.2

ComeAndSee

Anyone else loving the Shield Spec changes in the recent patch? Energy Blast off the GCD + free Riot Strikes has improved my ammo efficiency enough that I notice I have to auto attack much less. Other small changes such as the new Power Screen, fixed Mortar Volley, and Smoke Screen add a little icing to the cake as well.

PvP wise I feel like Shield is much more fast paced, somewhat akin to the old Parakeet build with procs, especially when Energy Blast and Stock Strike are coming up and you're getting excited to burst somebody for 4k in a GCD. :cool:

Edited by ComeAndSee

I'm definitely enjoying having Energy Blast and Smoke Grenade off the GCD, along with free Riot Strikes. The loss of shield chance is more than made up for by the gain in absorb, considering absorb is so difficult to stack (at least prior to T2 gear). I just need to relearn my PvE ability priorities, because the easy EB combined with wanting to have 4 stacks of Power Screen up and maintained is causing me to push my ammo farther than I normally would.

I'm definitely enjoying having Energy Blast and Smoke Grenade off the GCD, along with free Riot Strikes. The loss of shield chance is more than made up for by the gain in absorb, considering absorb is so difficult to stack (at least prior to T2 gear). I just need to relearn my PvE ability priorities, because the easy EB combined with wanting to have 4 stacks of Power Screen up and maintained is causing me to push my ammo farther than I normally would.

Power Screen is pretty easy to keep up, even in PvP. The higher absorb helps make up for the loss of shield.