People are simply not caring about lore, sadly.

Angedechu

In the other game, Theramore being wiped out have caused unending furor.

Here, I must say that for a game based on a much more fleshed out franchise, people don't say anything over stuff like Alderaan status (Alderaan out of the republic ? That's would have been almost like New York state withdrawing from the Union), the Imperials wiping all the work the Republic did on Taris, WTH people are even pretending there is peace anymore...

I've read every Star Wars book, comic, and magazine, played every game and love it all.

But SWTOR is Pedestrian, and most storylines are rehashes/re-use of previous material. Its designed as a jump on point for lore nubs, same as the Clone Wars TV show. SWTOR isn't telling me anything I didn't already know, and even if I didn't know of it, I'm no better off for now knowing it.

I Spacebarred from 24-50.

(I wish it was a good as KotOR)

I just say that it's not normal that people don't bat an eyelid over MAJOR lore issues from SW (like Alderaan or Balmora) in a game about Story, and that people screams that they have been castrated over Theramore.

Bro, you do realise this game is based a while before the movie series, and if you have played kotor 1 and 2, Alderan isn't exactly republic, its a neutral place. So its only natural that the war is on halt, either side try to get them to join their team.. Cmon, you complain about the lore and quote alderan?

I've read every Star Wars book, comic, and magazine, played every game and love it all.

But SWTOR is Pedestrian, and most storylines are rehashes/re-use of previous material. Its designed as a jump on point for lore nubs, same as the Clone Wars TV show. SWTOR isn't telling me anything I didn't already know, and even if I didn't know of it, I'm no better off for now knowing it.

I Spacebarred from 24-50.

(I wish it was a good as KotOR)

Well ,on this point, a basic of any business/movie is ''you need to able at least able to understand roughly what happens even if you are a realtive newcomer''

Bro, you do realise this game is based a while before the movie series, and if you have played kotor 1 and 2, Alderan isn't exactly republic, its a neutral place. So its only natural that the war is on halt, either side try to get them to join their team.. Cmon, you complain about the lore and quote alderan?

Alderaan was a core member of the galactic community, from the fundation of the Republic (25 0000 years ago) to it's destruction.

That's why the planet had been picked by the Empire for destruction, btw.

See it like this. SW has lore issues all over the place, and most of them are caused by George Lucas himself eating on established lore by other writers. KOTOR stepped all over toes, and so has this.

Its really nothing unusual for the SW universe. Those that know the extended stuff are used to the confusion and confliction to established lore. Those who don't know, simply don't care because they haven't heard of the stuff that it could conflict with.

I just say that it's not normal that people don't bat an eyelid over MAJOR lore issues from SW (like Alderaan or Balmora) in a game about Story, and that people screams that they have been castrated over Theramore.

So your issue is BW taking liberties with a franchise that's already so full of plotholes and contradictions in it's established lore that it's amazing the whole thing doesn't collapse into a singularity?

Also, I had my first 50 3 months ago, without spacebaring through any conversations. The game's been out for 5 months now people, it's not like getting ONE max level character requires you to be a no-lifer at this point.

Honestly I dont care for it. If I wanted lore i'd go read a book.

I spacebar through eveything, but on my first char I only listened to the story. Now for my alts I really cba. I just wanna progress.

each his own playstyle ofcourse, but whats the point in progressing when u lack all the other content? Just to have a character ready where you can do operation after operation with to get a special item? I cant see the fun in that tbh...

NOt offending you, but just wondering, what is it that players like yourself seek in an mmo?

Who gives a **** about lore at this point? I only care about the world I'm playing in... Not how it relates to the films and other SW material. The way I see it, the end result of this "war" and the future of the galaxy is still up in the air.

Vader who? Palpa-what-now?

Who gives a **** about lore at this point? I only care about the world I'm playing in... Not how it relates to the films and other SW material. The way I see it, the end result of this "war" and the future of the galaxy is still up in the air.

yeah, there's a good 600 years of empty Lore time that can be exploited in this game..

I kinda feel sorry for the schmo who has to come up with all the different storylines for every decision you make. That said, i do like trying to win the highest roll with social points, even if i'm still waiting on other team members ;)

Okay so lets put it this way. No established lore, no Jedi Knights, no Jedi Counslars, No jedi at all. No sith. No reason why the force exists. No background of how they game to be. No reason for the classes, no classes. Nothing.

Without the established lore, what you are asking for is a cardboard world with baseless classes. For that, you can play pretty much any F2P made by a third rate developer. But the biggest and best MMO's are drowned in lore. WOW for example would not be the MMO it is today without all the lore they established on the Warcraft universe with the previous three games, books and expansion packs.

Okay so lets put it this way. No established lore, no Jedi Knights, no Jedi Counslars, No jedi at all. No sith. No reason why the force exists. No background of how they game to be. No reason for the classes, no classes. Nothing.

Without the established lore, what you are asking for is a cardboard world with baseless classes. For that, you can play pretty much any F2P made by a third rate developer. But the biggest and best MMO's are drowned in lore. WOW for example would not be the MMO it is today without all the lore they established on the Warcraft universe with the previous three games, books and expansion packs.

Alright, fine. Let me elaborate. Who gives a **** about how well the game connects to everything that comes AFTER it? In the timeline that is.

Galaxies didn't stick to lore and that lasted long enough... Maybe too long, but still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.