--Leave starting area

--Arrive at objective

--Cast one heal on team member

--Get attacked

--Try to heal myself

--Healed interrupted after I been cc five times in a row

--Die rather quickly now while being CC

Rinse and repeat.

When you spend more time in a match running back from the rez point then acutally playing the enjoyment fades rather quickly.

Troll all you want but Solo PVP as a healer is now pretty well dead, since no one bothers to acutally help the healers.

Although the healing mechanics needed some work, it went to far to the left, with good healing at least the battles lasted longer and it was more fun. Having to run back from the spawn every few secs is just plain is boring.

Edited by Dagna

Sorc healers are now only good in pve. I tried war zoning yesterday and it was a total joke. I was totally useless. Normally, I could get 275-400k healing in a match depending on which wz it was. Now i can only do about half that and die 3 times as much. If I get focus fired, there is absolutely nothing I can do to escape it now. If it werent for the free 30 days, I would have hit the cancel button yesterday. If it isnt fixed soon, this will be the last time i ever give Bioware any of my money.

did u play pre patch? lol, nothing has changed in regards to noone helping healers, why u think there is hardly any around in pvp

This.

We have only survived so long in pvp because of other players not knowing how to play their classes. If a decent, semi-intelligent player focuses us and they use their stuns, interrupts etc at the right times we would be dead anyways.

Pre-patch btw ^

Now it just makes it easier for them to kill us quicker. I'm by no means complaining about the patch, but I have to admit our longevity in PvP has all but dissapeared.

It seems BW wants us to play DD and Tanks, go into a Warzone, die, respawn, rinse and repeat.

I would love to challenge anyone playing a level 50 sorcerer to make a video or take a screenshot of a finished Warzone where they haven't died.

I don't like to brag, but the majority of WZs that I played I hardly died at all. This is mainly because I ran with guildies so that I always had a tank or DD to peel anyone if I got targeted. But now it seems we have no choice but to accept that we have been targeted, die before getting a single cast off and just respawn with the rest of the DD classes.

If we were meant to die, we would be DD or Tanks. We are HEALERS, we shouldn't be persecuted for being able to heal ourselves, that would be like arresting a mailman for posting letters...It just doesn't make sense.

/Rant over

tl;dr I am going to give this patch a chance and I hope you all will to0 :)

This.

We have only survived so long in pvp because of other players not knowing how to play their classes. If a decent, semi-intelligent player focuses us and they use their stuns, interrupts etc at the right times we would be dead anyways.

Pre-patch btw ^

Now it just makes it easier for them to kill us quicker. I'm by no means complaining about the patch, but I have to admit our longevity in PvP has all but dissapeared.

It seems BW wants us to play DD and Tanks, go into a Warzone, die, respawn, rinse and repeat.

I would love to challenge anyone playing a level 50 sorcerer to make a video or take a screenshot of a finished Warzone where they haven't died.

I don't like to brag, but the majority of WZs that I played I hardly died at all. This is mainly because I ran with guildies so that I always had a tank or DD to peel anyone if I got targeted. But now it seems we have no choice but to accept that we have been targeted, die before getting a single cast off and just respawn with the rest of the DD classes.

If we were meant to die, we would be DD or Tanks. We are HEALERS, we shouldn't be persecuted for being able to heal ourselves, that would be like arresting a mailman for posting letters...It just doesn't make sense.

/Rant over

tl;dr I am going to give this patch a chance and I hope you all will to0 :)

I agree that sorcerer/healers are a little easier to kill in pvp, but I'm not sure why everyone is complaining. I have only 3 pieces of PVP gear and one match yesterday I healed for 520K damage. Another I healed for 350K.

I think it comes down to tactics. If you start taking some heat, back up. If they jump you, break cc, force slam, and force sprint away while bubbling. Put bubble on a hotkey on your mouse and you will probably live longer.

I've basically learned that no matter what changes, people will complain.

Now people with 50s are getting a free month of gameplay as thanks, and that has started its own storm of junk.

Just started playing pvp earlier this week as I dinged 50. So I really cant comment on pre and post patch differences.

However your day as a healer completely matches mine in pvp.

Start match, dps jumps me, i'm dead inside 5 seconds, res, rinse and repeat.

After the patch I got my expertise up to 700 and thought it would really make a difference.

It didnt. In fact I found most of the dps dont even bother about the match objectives now- they just wait for me to respawn. Jedi I was up against this morning was killing me in 5 blows- I regularly see 6k+ crits on me. Im getting hit for 6k and I cant do a 3k heal?? When I'm dead I aint healing.

As a healer I want to help my team but this is impossible as I cant keep myself up let alone heal my teammates.

This is completely broken from a healers viewpoint. Casts are too long and they simply dont do enough. Major work needed.

Pre-Patch:

If you were able to solo heal through 3 DPS on you...

Either the DPS' were afk, were 3 years old and couldn't find the 1 key on the their keyboard, or you lagged out and didn't realize you were dead a long time ago.

Post-Patch:

The 3 DPS won't have time to focus on you, the first one will have you down before the second and third have time to hit their 1 key.

Edited by scottdfan

This thread is hysterical, people die in PVP? The horror!!!! O NOES THE HEALERS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO BAD NO ONE ELSE IN THE GAME CAN PROVIDE RESTORED HP OTHER THAN SORCS!!!!!!

You all knew this was coming, blatant OP class was blatantly OP, get over it, adapt, make a tank friend, get vent, coordinate.

good riddance.

healers are too overpowered in general,

in my opinion a single DPS should be able to bring down or at least completely negate a healer.

now they just need to bring the rest of the healers in line with us in terms of output and survivability.

-a sorc healer

Always have your bubble up, never stick around when attacked. Use your stuns and your sprint. Always, always, always use the terrain around you to los people. If you get jumped on by a well played dps with all his cooldowns your going to die, your supposed to. Quit crying and learn to play.

here is the thing .. as a sorc healer I realized one- do not go with anyone besides your guild and make sure there is a tank to guard you or a healer to help heal you as I realized that was the only way to heal in pvp. But yes it has changed dramatically and I personally do not want to heal in WZ's anymore. Alot of the sorcs on my server went dps. .....

bah, quit complaining. Yesterday i did a 600k healing and i think around 3 deaths in novare coast as a sorc healer. All you need is to time your sprints and cc breakers right. Also, try and make them interrupt dark infusion, pop ur relics and spam the crap out of dark heal. Stand in revivification, dont consume when people are on you and most importantly use your stuns and knock backs on potential threats such as marauders, stabby ops and spammers. Don't just stand there taking the heat, LOS.

The nerf is nothing compared to the expertise nerf on healing boost by the way. Sorcs have always been squishy, this changed nothing. Now you get around 21% damage boost and 11% healing boost, makes it a hell of a lot harder but if you know what you're doing you're gonna be fine.

It is more difficult now that we're more squishy but yes, it does require different tactics. Before the patch it wasn't difficult to stand in place and heal; if you started getting pummeled by one or two peeps, then it was easy to heal yourself out of it. Now, a simple 1v1 will put us down easily and quickly. Immediately post-patch I was shocked to start dropping so much, but found that I could heal just as much as I was before with different tactics.

All you need is to time your sprints and cc breakers right. Also, try and make them interrupt dark infusion, pop ur relics and spam the crap out of dark heal. Stand in revivification, dont consume when people are on you and most importantly use your stuns and knock backs on potential threats such as marauders, stabby ops and spammers. Don't just stand there taking the heat, LOS.

This is helpful. Do it, and you'll find you're more successfully healing. Cut your chops by practising it in Huttball; that's the easiest WZ to practise using terrain, LOS, and mobile healing.

I was OP and now im normal, I tought I was good but I realize im bad.

QQ BW not fair I want to be OP again, I want to queue solo and have 3 people beating on me without dying. Poor me help.

**** Learn To Play

Nothing to see here people... Move along.. Just a troll!

good riddance.

healers are too overpowered in general,

in my opinion a single DPS should be able to bring down or at least completely negate a healer.

now they just need to bring the rest of the healers in line with us in terms of output and survivability.

-a sorc healer

I call LIAR!

Edited by GalaxyDude

For me it took like 3 warzones to adapt.

1st round it was like 140k of healing done, while normally I managed it to get 500K of healing output pre 1.2.

Its just slighty different but after 3 rounds i managed to get 400K of healing. Need to get used to my new UI :D.

Just keep playing and polish it up again. Before 1.2 the sorcerer was clearly overpowered.

I dont know if others experienced the same, when I started playing with 1.2 my Dark Infusion had a casttime of 2.7 seconds and suddenly (second WZ) it went to 2.3 seconds unbuffed (just class buffs) for the rest of the night.

Unfortunatly I cant try it today and logs where not enabled :S.

Edited by SeNtReX

QQ BW not fair I want to be OP again, I want to queue solo and have 3 people beating on me without dying. Poor me help.

**** Learn To Play

This is someone who has no idea what they are talking about. This person has no idea what a healer does, why a healer should be able to out heal damage 1v1. I could go on and on but what's the point. He's probably enjoying farming sorcerers who use to dance around him because he's a poor player. Now he has a gimped class to pick on in warzones. Please spare us the snide qq feedback you got no idea.

**** Learn To Play

WOW thats not even close to how it goes. I would easily get killed by a operative on a one on one before 1.2. Now i cant even get a heal off thats significant enough to keep me up. All my heals get CCd.

My night last night as a Sorc healer:

Queue for Warzones with my Guildmates

Get Guarded by Jugg or Sin Tank

Team Mass Kills Enemies as I Heal

Anybody who touches me gets melted by my DPS

Capture Objectives

Win Warzone

Highest Healing in Warzone

Teammates, Highest DPS - Most kills, few deaths if any

Rinse and Repeat. Won 13 of 15. All with nice K/D ratios and top heals. I think I maybe died 15 times all evening, if that, as many wins had 0 deaths for myself and my teammates.

PvP is a teamplay environment gentlemen. If you're looking to be a "solo hero" as a sorc healer, I would suggest rolling a different class. I would say this prior to the 1.2 patch as well.

Edited by Kajimoto

WOW thats not even close to how it goes. I would easily get killed by a operative on a one on one before 1.2. Now i cant even get a heal off thats significant enough to keep me up. All my heals get CCd.

Really? All FIVE of your heals get CC'd? Funny, I've never had that happen to me once. It's actually 6 heals if you count Static Barrier.

Edited by Kajimoto