Crafting Window Organization

JacenHallis

I'm pretty sure this is more than a quick fix. But, I think it's a very good thing to accomplish, as it will make crafting much easier. This is for those crew skills that produce equippable items that have multiple variants.

Currently, all schematics are put in a single list in the crafting window. They're separated by type, but, for the most part, it's just one big list. It can make it somewhat difficult to find things if you have a lot of schematics.

Think about it: A piece of green armor has three blue variants. Each of those blue armors has four or five purple variants. For completionists (like those who love crafting tend to be), that's going to be an incredibly long list of armor.

I would like to see the crafting window use a set of nested collapsible lists to make finding items easier. For example, using the Heavy Thermal Belt:

Heavy Armor
+ Heavy Thermal Belt
+ Heavy Thermal Handgear

Fully collapsed, a person would see nothing more than "Heavy Thermal Belt" in the list of schematics. Clicking on the plus by that would show the blue variants the crafter had learned:

Heavy Armor
- Heavy Thermal Belt
     + Critical Heavy Thermal Belt
     + Overkill Heavy Thermal Belt
     + Redoubt Heavy Thermal Belt

Then, opening up one of the blue variants' lists would show the different purple versions of that armor:

Heavy Armor
- Heavy Thermal Belt
     - Critical Heavy Thermal Belt
          Endowment Heavy Thermal Belt
          Fervor Heavy Thermal Belt
          Leadership Heavy Thermal Belt
          Supremacy Heavy Thermal Belt
          Tempest Heavy Thermal Belt
     - Overkill Heavy Thermal Belt
          Commander's Heavy Thermal Belt
          Expert Heavy Thermal Belt
          Hawkeye Heavy Thermal Belt
          Rampart Heavy Thermal Belt
          Vehemence Heavy Thermal Belt
     - Redoubt Heavy Thermal Belt
          Anti-Armor Heavy Thermal Belt
          Exactitude Heavy Thermal Belt
          General's Heavy Thermal Belt
          Veracity Heavy Thermal Belt

This would really help the list maintain readability over time.

Like I said, I know this is probably not a simple job to do one afternoon, but this is the suggestion forum, and I would like to see this level of organization in the crew skills.

Sorry about all the space in the code boxes. It's a side effect of the tags, it seems, and the list wouldn't maintain the indentations without them.

• 5 months later...