Down time again???

Starcheif

I love people who are like. "Oh No i cant play for a day cause the downtime is when i play"

Soooo? its not like its the end of the world. theres still probably 1000days left on your time with this game unless you QQ at everything.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe there are more whiners that play this particular MMO than there is combined with all the others. It's really quite pathetic. I mean... we could be having no downtime and playing a glitch laden, screwed up game and complaining about it in general all day long. You could end up stuck in world for hours on end with no end in sight, raging. 'Cuz that would be fun, right?

Realize that with patches of any kind, big or small, there are oversights and the fact that they are actually fixing them this quickly is a good sign. My sentiments mirror all the people making comments about Wow's early year blunders. Kids really need to get a clue and think before they act. Better yet... just quit. Would be nice to not have to read endless pages of crying and complaining associated with over half the topics on these forums. Just sayin'.

so i hear that you need to have a level 50 in order to get the free 30 days? i have been here since beta and yes i do not have a level 50. i actually do things other then play this for 8 hours a day. i am not complaining nor am i trolling for that matter, i just feel for us loyal subscribers maybe we should get some compensation too?

I work two part-time jobs, go through my second collage and still have time to play 1-2 hours in an evening, or 3-4 hours during a weekend.

No, I don't play 8 hours/day. If I would, I could level a 50 in 2 weeks at most. Yet I seem to have 2x40's and 2x50's since launch. And I have even been out of the country for a few weeks. So if you couldn't level a 50 in 4 months, you're probably doing it wrong, or playing butt-loads of alts. And, most of the game happens at 50, that's the most difficult area to balance, and those are the players who are usually getting bored, not to mention are the majority. So yea, it's obvious that they would reward those who reached 50, as they are also more likely to provide documented feedback.

And even if we wouldn't have been awarded 30 free days, 1.2 is still a HUGE update, free of charge, so appreciate it for what it is, and don't yell about it being implemented. Also, keep in mind that there was no tuesday patch this week, or two weeks ago.

Oh, and before I forget, how is it that the people complaining a lot are also yelling that they have jobs and no time to play? If you're so busy in real life, I'm pretty sure you can find an activity during a downtime. Maybe do your errands while patch is being deployed and kick back and relax when servers are up? Time management people...

YAY!!!

They have really hit the nail on the head this time. Peak hours Friday night downtime! Woo Hoo!!! 2 nights in a row. Cool, so I only get 4 days of playtime this week...

and why oh why is only MY SERVER that is down tonight!!!

Seriously W T F B W?

What time zone are you in? Because it says 6 Central Time for me and that isn't really that late.

Maybe to avoid constant re-writing of the same posts. Yes downtime is frustrating yes its obvious people want a bug free experience, I still do not understand why downtime is applied in peak periods. Why not apply these patches and fixes in the Am hours or more to the point during american peak periods. The game was released along time ago overseas so many of these issues to my mind should have been resolved. Secondly as a consumer it is my right to complain if a product does not meet my expectations it is also my right not to listen to children who have never payed rent seen real life ***** and think beer tastes 'yukk'. Unfortunately its also the right of these tards to cast there opinion. Thirdly can everybody stop referencing WoW Yes they are both MMo's but the comparison stops there please let it. Edited by KnightYama

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate your feedback! Since this thread is in regards to a previous maintenance discussion and in the interest of consolidating feedback regarding the topic of tonight's maintenance, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

maintenance, why so much

The current information regarding tonight's maintenance can be found here:

Maintenance: April 19th, 2012

We will be deploying a patch and performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, April 19th, 2012. Patch notes will be made available shortly after the servers come back up.

The servers will be down for four hours on Thursday, April 19th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Maintenance

Date: Thursday, April 19th, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This game maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you for your patience!