The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So why the QQ on pyrotech "nerf"?

Sullax

Uhm, after patch 1.2 I still rock the scoreboards of my server, topping the damage boards, having an easy time in 1v1 and mostly I don't notice the decrease in railshot at all. If anything, I think my highest damage-ability just became more reliable than ever. I still utilize my playstyle I developed pre 1.2 and nothing noticable has changed...

So why the hell did I have to read so many QQ threads about pyrotech nerfs when scouring the forums for threads worthy of reading? Could the theory be correct, that the majority of whiners are mostly overselfesteemed players who actually can't play their class at all? Hmm...

Pyrotech is awesome. Merc on the other hand... errr..uhh... yeah.

Merc noobs are getting brainwashed by doing the same Unload damage as before (but Barrage more freq) while having HS doing slightly more damage.

TM and DFA is nerf'd so bad you have to check your power tab to see if you're using a level 30 rank of the ability.

From playing it has changed things a little bit but not much. This is in pvp btw.

Reading the patch notes I was concerned that after having the PPA proc I wouldn't have an indication of when the 6 second internal has finished. Although with rail shot having a 12 second cooldown after use and my toolbars having the countdown I can easily see when it says there is 6 seconds left on the cooldown and its time to go fishing for the proc.

Firstly I have had to alter my rotation a little bit so that I am doing no flame burst or rocket punch before I first use rail shot, or if rail shot has less than say 3 seconds left on the cooldown (as I would rather wait until after the cooldown so I can try for two rail shots). After I use my opening rail shot its time to go fishing the same as before for the proc.

Secondly I have had to add unload or more rapid shots in to the mix as filler depending on the situation.

Apart from that it is pretty much status quo. I do note that my damage has been reduced by this change as I can't have rail shot proccing as much anymore.

I must add that I am still chasing the elusive 5k crit in a warzone. Full bm with adrenal and relic and I am still yet to hit it.

Edited by PaulieGa