Cant RE existing augments?

Mercag

Is it intentional that existing augments (from slicing before 1.2 patch) can not be RE'd?

I've been stockpiling thinking I could at least get mats if not schems from RE'ing them, now it seems to not even be an option?

oh that is disapointing as i did the same. I don't have a huge number put aside however i was collecting some for varous toons and after reading some of the patch notes assumed i'd be able to at least get some schematics for those....bummer

This brings up an interesting situation.

How can you tell the difference between Pre 1.2 augment and post 1.2 augment? Both will have the same stats.

Player A is selling old augments on the GTN. Player B buys same augments from GTN with the purpose of RE to gain new schematics.

Player B, now very upset/confused that they cannot RE said augments for schematics. Even more so if they are paying a premium for the items.

Some clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

I think you need the schematic before you can RE them... I was doing the same thing you were and was also upset, but since the stats of them changed, I assume they are equivalent to the schematic and thus you need to to RE them...

You get the schematics from Slicing...

This brings up an interesting situation.

How can you tell the difference between Pre 1.2 augment and post 1.2 augment? Both will have the same stats.

Player A is selling old augments on the GTN. Player B buys same augments from GTN with the purpose of RE to gain new schematics.

Player B, now very upset/confused that they cannot RE said augments for schematics. Even more so if they are paying a premium for the items.

Some clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty easy. If you mouse over an old one, it says in red at the bottom "No Research Available".

Update on what I just said... Its not true, old augments completely worthless (unless they are epic already lol)...

I just bought Skill Augement 22 schematic off the AH, can't RE any of the skill augments in my bag despite them being the exact same item... Sigh.

At least the greens don't require any slicing parts to make, just durasteel and zal alloy... Blues and up do though...

Pretty easy. If you mouse over an old one, it says in red at the bottom "No Research Available".

Unfortunately, I don't see that on mine. I have made new augments, and RE'd them, so I am familiar with the 20% chance statement.

Is it just bugged related to Synthweaving?

How often have you been seeing the schematics drop from slicing so far?

I was running 5 missions at a time for about 3 cycles (15 total missions), and I got 1 schematic. Now it happened to be for the reflex 22, which was the only one I really needed, but I still have only seen 1 drop so far for me.

I suppose I have been lucky in that regard. Running both 41-48 and 49-50 I have received 6 total. 3 for Synthweaving and 3 for Armormech. I think it was 4 cycles total.

But no luck on RE for a schematic, 20 green Might 22 and no schem yet.