Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unexpected Maintenance associated with update 1.2: Legacy. A problem which could of been avoided if they had started update not during peak hours.

It would still have happened, just not today. And for all you knew, it might have been an earthquake or Rakghoul infestation in the server halls that brought them down, because you apparently didn't even bother to check.

Regardless, you now know when they are expected to come back up. As per your question. You're welcome.

I have a level 50 character so, yes, I did receive my bonus play time. At first, I was confused by the outrage coming from the non-50 subscribers who did not get a free month of play. I am a very casual player who only recently got to 50. I got this perk by the skin of my teeth, but I wasn't expecting this gift and neither were they so, to me, it felt like being outraged at someone for winning the lottery. Lucky break, you know? I voiced those opinions in a different thread before it was locked and I was directed here.

Here I read a lot of non-50 responses to this - some good, some bad, some down right ridiculous, but almost all were disappointed and/or angry by this slight. I saw responses from people who I have grown to respect in the community, people I feel have made the community stronger through their contributions, people who, like me, enjoy this game immensely and want to see it succeed. Some of these people are on these forums day after day battling trolls, correcting fallacies, sharing knowledge, and standing up for the game and all its potential. Some days it is these individuals that make coming to these forums and battling trolls bearable for myself. How I would miss their excellent guidance and support if they were gone.

Although I don't believe Bioware meant to sound so discriminatory in the wording as perhaps they came off, there is no way that you can deny the loyalty of these players or what they bring to the table. After thinking about all that, I started to feel a bit guilty for having received this freebie. If I could, I would donate my 30 days to one of them - they deserve it far more than I do for all they contribute. I sincerely hope that Bioware will see the error in this decision and rectify it. Again, I believe in them, this game, and it's potential. I want to see it succeed. I know it can. I only hope that we do not lose some of those great members of the community who, even in the face of such inequity, continue to handle themselves with grace and maturity.

Even if I can't give you my 30 days of free time, I want you to know you are appreciated as part of this community.

Wow...what a nice post.

That made me smile and I hope it does others as well.

What about those who deleted their only level 50 in order to remake the character as one of the Legacy combinations?

Brings up a question I have...why would anyone delete a high level character? If you start over on another server, leaving that character behind isn't costing anything. I just never have gotten this. It makes no sense to me to delete a character that you've worked on. Never know what the future'll bring and I think it's slightly nuts (especially since it's not a matter of only being about to have two or three characters total).

Really curious about this.

It would still have happened, just not today. And for all you knew, it might have been an earthquake or Rakghoul infestation in the server halls that brought them down, because you apparently didn't even bother to check.

Regardless, you now know when they are expected to come back up. As per your question. You're welcome.

I don't need to check, when i have unwitting minions like you do it for me muhahahaha

Thanks for the free month, thanks for the taun taun (hehe just need to find it) , thanks for the patch, and thanks for the warzone ( its pretty fun !).:D

Now go play the game that you can't play cause servers are down

I checked they don't post much genius

U mad bro?

I don't need to check, when i have unwitting minions like you do it for me muhahahaha

Haeuhaeuhaeuhaehaeu!!1one.. now, on a related note. You've made my ignore list! :D Congratz on first loser (that means you're the second one in there).

You really don't have a clue do you?

There have been numerous bugs in this game that we have all lived through. How could anyone know that Bioware would decide they would only compensate those who had rushed through to level 50 and not those who have savoured the time and effort BW have put into the game?

Rushed to lvl 50? i was lvl 50 more than 1,5 months ago and i certainly didnt rush through the game. I did everyquest i could find and listened to every dialog and in the mean time helped a friend a lot and also did manage to start a new toon and got it to lvl 27 so far.

I thought myself i did play really slow and enjoyed the game. You cant blame BW for that so many start new toons all the time instead taking some of them to lvl 50.

Even a very casual player like me had no trouble to take a toon to lvl 50 pretty fast but the difference is that i didnt start a new toon until after my first one was lvl 50.