The issue with lack of changeable advanced classes and lack of character slots.

Azure_Prower

I'm the guy who likes to level a lot of alts.

I already have all 8 slots already filled with every basic class up to level 10 for when I decide what advanced class I wish to play.

You really don't know if you're going to like a class until you hit 50. Because some times you dislike a class and then it really picks up at end game with all their abilities working in unison.

The thing is. There is only 8 slots per server. If you're not one of those forever alone people, you have friends on this one server you play on. Wanting to try every advanced class with only 8 slots. You usually have to roll the opposite advanced class when you play the Republic and Empire counterparts.

Problem is. If you like one advanced class over the other. Yet the class you like is on the faction you don't enjoy playing on the majority of the time, but keep the character around for story sake for when they continue the class stories in future. You're pretty much stuck?

Does any one really not see a problem with this?

Edited by Azure_Prower

Considering the fact that the classes are all mirrors, you can just make the opposite faction your alt AC testers.

If the faction you chose bites, just delete the character and start over on the appropriate side. If you enjoy the class, the time will fly by. And with 1.2 releasing now, cross faction mailing is now available, so simply send any creds, items and such to an alt, and have the alt send them to your new incarnation.

yeah the classes are all mirrors.

just make your jedi knight and warrior opposites.

if your jedi knight is a sentinel make your warrior a juggernaut.

if your inquisitor is an assassin make your consular a sage.

ect.

you wont double up on advance class mirrors and you'll have one of every class and story.

works out perfectly.

Considering the fact that the classes are all mirrors, you can just make the opposite faction your alt AC testers.

If the faction you chose bites, just delete the character and start over on the appropriate side. If you enjoy the class, the time will fly by. And with 1.2 releasing now, cross faction mailing is now available, so simply send any creds, items and such to an alt, and have the alt send them to your new incarnation.

But the thing is I don't want to delete them. Especially when they're level 50. Because then you won't see the continued story when it gets updated in future.

yeah the classes are all mirrors.

just make your jedi knight and warrior opposites.

if your jedi knight is a sentinel make your warrior a juggernaut.

if your inquisitor is an assassin make your consular a sage.

ect.

you wont double up on advance class mirrors and you'll have one of every class and story.

works out perfectly.

What if I like the Juggernaut playstyle and want to play on Republic after I got my sentinel to 50?

Edited by Azure_Prower

But the thing is I don't want to delete them. Especially when they're level 50. Because then you won't see the continued story when it gets updated in future.

lol well I certainly wouldn't delete a level 50 character. I believe the devs have already said they're going to expand the character slots to 16 at some point.

Im with you there and so are several others. We want the ability to have 16 slots. Many of us would not care so much and would have pubs on one server and imps on another, but with the legacy benifits server wide and not account wide, the multi server option is less appealing.

The continued story won't be for a good while. You have plenty of time to relevel the alts. Added bonus, 1.2's new Legacy races means you can unlock your favorite race/class combos. So you have an even bigger incentive to reroll. Love the Sith Purebloods, but hate the Empire? Reroll Jedi, Smuggler, or Trooper.

You've got the time, the means and the motive to reroll those less desirable characters into something you enjoy. Just go for it. It's way funner than sitting around on toons you hate just to see how the story ends up.

Does any one really not see a problem with this?

more slots are coming (confirmation from Guild Summit)

not known if its free update or paid..

not know how many additional slot...

developer aware of this need for more char slots..

yes i roll 8 character on 1 server (every possible AC from republic side) and roll 8 more character on another server (imperial side)..

im alt-o-holic... im enjoying this game.. i confess