About to make a Jedi Guardian

BlessTheMusic

Still fairly new at the game, only have a level 22 Sith Marauder, but decided I want to try out tanking so why not try out the Republic as well. Trying to figure out which server I should make my new character on(pvp/pve doesn't matter to me). I am currently on the Bastion but its only a low population, looking to probably move to a standard or high. Which server is a good Republic server and better yet, if I could find a good guild to join right off the bat that would fantastic as well.

The Harbinger always has a healthy population. One of the biggest, actually. But luckily its an Empire server so you may not want to roll here.

Good luck finding a home. But you could always go Sith Juggernaut :sy_empire:

Please no! Roll a jedi guardian, it's a great advanced class and you have the opportunity to accomplish good deeds! It will make you happy and feel good! :D You could always come to the Mind Trick server, the republic population is healthy.

For the short term, I highly suggest sticking with Sith. As a new player it may be best sticking with the side that has more available community.

Not that there's anything wrong with Republic per se, but a lot of servers show a low Repub population and that itself can cause someone to lose interest quickly.

edit - and yes I realize that you're asking for a high pop Repub server, but even the highest won't match numbers of the Empire

Edited by Proksham

For the short term, I highly suggest sticking with Sith. As a new player it may be best sticking with the side that has more available community.

Not that there's anything wrong with Republic per se, but a lot of servers show a low Repub population and that itself can cause someone to lose interest quickly.

edit - and yes I realize that you're asking for a high pop Repub server, but even the highest won't match numbers of the Empire

If we combine all the servers, it's about 43% republic vs 57% empire. On some servers, it's in fact 75% republic vs 25% empire. I don't know which servers exactly, we'd have to ask Georg Zoeller.

The Harbinger always has a healthy population. One of the biggest, actually. But luckily its an Empire server so you may not want to roll here.

Good luck finding a home. But you could always go Sith Juggernaut :sy_empire:

I play on Harbringer and things are pretty good over here.. For now. When free oceanic transfers open up later this month the population will drop since it's the server that all the oceanic PVE players used before the oceanic servers were opened. Just remember if you want to play on Harbringer you'll want to follow an oceanic time schedule.

A little advice on playing a Republic character, especially a Jedi: Go dark side. Personally I found playing a Jedi Sentinel extremely boring when I went light side.. There's a point were all the goody-goodness just becomes annoying. I rerolled a dark side Trooper and have had much more fun. Conversely my Empire character is light side and I find him fun as well.

Edited by Truvu