What is the latest preorder date in early access now?

CalCa

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're doing all of July's preorders today, August tomorrow, etc.

I asked for an explanation what the criteria was for who gets their codes, and the thread was deleted. So apparently that topic is off limits :cool:

Which is very frustrating, they should be able to at least give us a day, especially us later pre-orderers. I understand they want to see what the servers do but no communication on it is very frustrating.

If its true people from the 21st are still not in yet then this is bad news for the rest of us...this EGA thing is looking downright crappy at this point for anyone who did not order in the first 20 minutes...I guess in reality EGA for 80% of us will be 1 or 2 days.

That may be the case. More likely is that the person who said 7/21 earlier hadn't checked their spambox or hadn't tried getting in. If you read back I told her to try that and she hasn't posted since. Probably playing.

7/21 - Not in.

Oh and stop telling people to check their spam - it's common sense to do that or check the launch pad to see if you can click play. Staggered start is ********. They should have made longer ques and just have everyone wait (that way it protects the server from crashing and we're all going to end up in long ques when everyone is active anyway).

7/21 - Not in.

Oh and stop telling people to check their spam - it's common sense to do that or check the launch pad to see if you can click play. Staggered start is ********. They should have made longer ques and just have everyone wait (that way it protects the server from crashing and we're all going to end up in long ques when everyone is active anyway).

Completely agree. Aion launch was awesome imo, huge queues on the busy servers, but everyone got to play & on stable servers too.

SWTOR are using their phase/instancing technique used in Aion, so why not...

7/21 - Not in.

I think there is a good point to be made here - say they stagger everyone throughout the week, by Saturday night most people should be in and everyone will be getting on causing the inevitable que's and population problems...not sure why they don't open the doors more now..

Which is very frustrating, they should be able to at least give us a day, especially us later pre-orderers. I understand they want to see what the servers do but no communication on it is very frustrating.

They could stop ALL the confusion/hearsay by simply coming out with a quick statement: "THIS is the method we're using to send out early-access codes to those who've pre-ordered: "

But it's become mayhem because nobody has a clue, they're not telling us how they're doing it, so everyone is making up their own conclusions or repeating someone else's. Crazy stuff. Crazy. :o

They could stop ALL the confusion/hearsay by simply coming out with a quick statement: "THIS is the method we're using to send out early-access codes to those who've pre-ordered: "

But it's become mayhem because nobody has a clue, they're not telling us how they're doing it, so everyone is making up their own conclusions or repeating someone else's. Crazy stuff. Crazy. :o

I think asking for a general day in which you most likely may be granted access is not asking too much from them.

Clearly they had a plan for # of waves per day and # per wave, based on that knowledge they should be able to shoot out a general estimation based on month of order or something like that.

Some of us don't have much free time for playing and it would help to be given some idea.

7/21 - Not in.

Oh and stop telling people to check their spam - it's common sense to do that .

Actually it's not. All of my SWTOR emails had been coming into my inbox, EXCEPT the one for my beta testing. That notification ended up in my Junk box, and since all the others had gone straight to my InBox, I never thought to check my Junk. So whoever posted to check their Spam, it might be good advice to those who have been receiving all their SWTOR emails up til now, in their Inbox.

I completely Agree. It seems of all the posible methods they could have chosen for this rollout (And I do give them credit for what was a pretty good idea) they chose the method that includes the MOST amount of chaos and confusion.

Just make a post that says "people from <this date> are currently in. We are working on getting <these dates> in today. everyone else go do something else today.

Same here, didn't receive e-mail to play yet:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

I don't know why the date for early access is placed on 02/11 since I redeemed my code on 29/7 ... so still waiting :)

My location is Belgium (Europe).

Edited by Junks

I think asking for a general day in which you most likely may be granted access is not asking too much from them.

Clearly they had a plan for # of waves per day and # per wave, based on that knowledge they should be able to shoot out a general estimation based on month of order or something like that.

Some of us don't have much free time for playing and it would help to be given some idea.

Definitely. A general "If you ordered on <this day> you can expect to have your code emailed to you on <this day>" or "If you live in <this time zone> you can expect to have your code emailed to you on <this day"

.. or "If you have <this color hair> you can expect to have your code emailed to you on <this day> " :rolleyes:

If they'd just tell us the criteria for the rollout it would put a lot of people to rest. I dont' mind the waiting - it's not knowing HOW LONG I need to wait that is frustrating.