Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Powertech in 1.2, how do you feel

AltiarDranek

How do you feel about your spec and what do you think you will change with 1.2 as either PvP or PVE.

I know Carolina Parakeet is dead and i really dont think 4/12/12 will be a new viable spec.... <.< So lets talk hybrid specs and 31pt specs!

Edited by AltiarDranek

im kinda sad they didnt really do anything to increase ap's dps

just added slows and crap to make them better in pvp.i guess it could be worse though,they have a gap closer in pvp.and scoundrel/operative dont.which would of been my next choice if i didnt like playing a powertech(which they look fun)

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I will give pyro a good go, but am drawn to a more defensive 'iron fist' type build for rated teams.

Think a tank spec designed to protect healers and be very heat efficient when being attacked will work well in a rated team environment. Also the slightly better mitigation will make ball running in huttball and defense in void/ civil war much more viable than as pyro.

I'm not sure pyro will be hit that badly in all honesty, I get FB spam runs as often as I get back to back PPA procs atm so the balance of the internal cd may not be that bad with a TD pyro build.

I really just want charge in a damage spec :( it makes me sad that i have to go to the tanking tree to charge. I have so much control over a healer with my 6 second int --> strafe away charge int ---> electrodart ---> another int ---> Carbonize -----> Int

Layering RP and Rail shot and Explosive dart in between, bad healers die. Good healers can't heal anyone.

I will give pyro a good go, but am drawn to a more defensive 'iron fist' type build for rated teams.

Think a tank spec designed to protect healers and be very heat efficient when being attacked will work well in a rated team environment. Also the slightly better mitigation will make ball running in huttball and defense in void/ civil war much more viable than as pyro.

I'm not sure pyro will be hit that badly in all honesty, I get FB spam runs as often as I get back to back PPA procs atm so the balance of the internal cd may not be that bad with a TD pyro build.

ya ive looked at pyro and ive looked at ap.and i just like the playstyle of ap better

i guess i might try out shield tech if its good for rated warzones.but i dont know,im more of the agressive type in pvp and rolling a tanking build doesnt really seem like it would be all that agressive

but i dont know,i havent really looked up much in the area of ap.i just know some of the warzone videos ive watched it looked pretty fun

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Tanking is very very aggressive and should be played as such, pyro and AP NEED you to be reactive and situationally offensive. tanking is about changing into battle and PUNCHING *****ES IN THE FACE and FORCING people to deal with you, otherwise they will deal less damage to your allies and get CCed and interrupted and slowed, and when they turn to you, you take no damage.

Be aggresive don't let people heal and dont let your allies get attacked that is the life of a tank.

Pyrotech and AP should and can only attack when they are left alone.

im kinda sad they didnt really do anything to increase ap's dps

just added slows and crap to make them better in pvp.i guess it could be worse though,they have a gap closer in pvp.and scoundrel/operative dont.which would of been my next choice if i didnt like playing a powertech(which they look fun)

If you can get PFT to hit, AP damage is just fine. 1.2 is making this much, much easier which is a huge DPS increase.

Tanking is very very aggressive and should be played as such, pyro and AP NEED you to be reactive and situationally offensive. tanking is about changing into battle and PUNCHING *****ES IN THE FACE and FORCING people to deal with you, otherwise they will deal less damage to your allies and get CCed and interrupted and slowed, and when they turn to you, you take no damage.

Be aggresive don't let people heal and dont let your allies get attacked that is the life of a tank.

Pyrotech and AP should and can only attack when they are left alone.

Seeing how I constantly go on capping turrets alone vs 1 or 2 people and often succeed, how I can carry the ball and sometimes score in huttball, hold off 2-3 people in voidstar on the door, I'd say your statement about Puros can/should only attack when they are left alone, is completely wrong. The amount of damage/burst dps PT can do is in itself a form of survivability.

That is not to say Tanks dont do good in pvp, but it boils down to using guard more than anything else, since the other trees can taunt just as well.

I feel really bad that they chose to take away a creative play style instead of tuning it and adjusting so the style could still be used within the defensive spec. I just don't know why there isn't an option to buff out rail shot and they chose to just drop this from available choices to the class for tanking purposes. If we want to use rail shot with cooldown reduction specialization for tanking role we should be able to. Just balance it for Ion synergy to meet the expected targets. Not giving up hope yet that the designers can do this right.

That said I still love the experience of being a tank, causing havoc, preserving my team mates and hassling the opponents like a true Really Bad Dude. Almost thinking full 31 in AP but using the ion cylinder would still be really fun and not problematic

I feel betrayed

They nerfed the crap outta us and made it look like they didn't

I have been trying the new AP but it sucks. Getting 5 stacks to turn flamethrower usefull takes painfully long and it's not even gamebreaking once you have the 5 stacks, damage is spread through the duration and people just stun/knockback once they see it

Honestly, I'm happy I have other lvl 50 chars to play

No laugh now on PPA procs which have no visual queue and the size of buff/debuff icons are tied to the scale of the player/target frames

So if i want to know when its procced i either need to now be staring at my action bars, or have a gigantic player portrait and watch my buffs

I feel betrayed

They nerfed the crap outta us and made it look like they didn't

I have been trying the new AP but it sucks. Getting 5 stacks to turn flamethrower usefull takes painfully long and it's not even gamebreaking once you have the 5 stacks, damage is spread through the duration and people just stun/knockback once they see it

Honestly, I'm happy I have other lvl 50 chars to play

You are complaining about something that is easily overcome. Pop HO before PFT. It takes 7.5 seconds at it's fastest to get to pft. Alot of AP players ignore RB and RS unless they have a runner. Preferring to Immolate/FBx4/PFT with RP weaved in. PFT will always be more difficult to pull off simply because it is very powerful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.