Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

What if you were assigned to one of the overpopulated servers before they got overpopulated, and are already close to level 30? Not exactly going to reroll and leave all my friends and guildmates behind.

Then that's your own fault. Its YOUR idea to not go, not BW. Your guild should have come to a consensus, like mine did, and moved to a less populated server.

PS: I left my 32 IA to roll on a new server.

Edited by Eggowaffles

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to play for 10 minutes today after queuing for a total of 3 hours. DC back of the queue...

Think I won't bother for a few days as this is just rediculous, can I have my refund please Bioware? You have failed to deliver a workable game.

If they really want to cut down on queue times they'll put in a fix for all those players auto running into a corner to stay in game while they are at work.

Implementing an /@afk feature for players in-game to police would be nice. Give em like 5 minutes to do something else.

You keep a set # of servers, keep queues in to make sure the servers can handle it, and increase the cap a little bit at a time. Soon there will be twice as many ppl on these servers with no queue.

We were led to believe this was the point of the mega-weekend-betatest where every single person who pre-ordered was allowed to play at once. This should have provided the data needed to know how many players you can have on a server and remain stable.

Same server as you mate , same que time too, but when my que ended i got the code 3 error msg, got put back into the que 1300 th been in que since 1200 gmt, good luck

From position 691 to 591 in 18 minutes. 100 position change in 18 minutes, with 1300 queue its 13*18=234 minutes or 3,9 hours. How they calculated 1,5 hour?

i picked "The Swiftsure" because I liked the name..and when I logged on there was like 20 people online....how was I supposed to know it would be the 6th highest pop of all the servers?

i'd server transfer in a heartbeat if i could, to something low or medium pop...waiting for ques is ANNOYING...1.5 hours last night...fml

We were led to believe this was the point of the mega-weekend-betatest where every single person who pre-ordered was allowed to play at once. This should have provided the data needed to know how many players you can have on a server and remain stable.

And what makes you believe they dont have that data? Hence the queue?

/facepalm

You weren't lead to believe ANYTHING. You came to your own assumptions. BTW 3 days of info isn't reliable, and less than 1 mil played that beta.

What do you want BW to say? .

Well let's see, since we ALL pay.. I don't know perhaps something like

"Greetings costumers we are WORKING atm to improve servers CAPACITY and not making you all MIGRATE from the servers YOU LIKE"

Seems correct.

I agree that leaving a more populous server will solve a player's problem...for now. However, those servers will quickly fill up as well. While a lot of people pre-ordered the game, there are probably many people that will wait until Tuesday to purchase. A more permanent solution needs to be found in order to resolve the issue because I don't want to reroll a new toon every time server population queues keep me from playing.

And what makes you believe they dont have that data? Hence the queue?

/facepalm

Read the post I was replying to. The poster was suggesting the caps were artificially low because they don't know how many players a server supports and remains stable ...

/double-facepalm

Thx BW for crashing my game every hour and the queue of 1h30m on The Red Eclipse. Cant play with my guild mates, cant play with my friends, just a stopid queue of minimum 1h30m. Dont hide just come with a solution caus this is the worst start i ever seen in any mmo...FIX IT!!! I dont wanna pay for queue only....30min play 1h30min queue...crash..and queue again. Hate this so *********** much

Read the post I was replying to. The poster was suggesting the caps were artificially low because they don't know how many players a server supports and remains stable ...

/double-facepalm

Actually I was suggesting that they know how much is too much at once and are slowly improving the servers to allow better process and flow.

Character transfers would be a pretty good damn option...

At least for big guilds who were assigned to a certain server and can't play together.

I honestly think this is worse for guilds than standalone players, if I was playing alone, **** it, I would gladly reroll a new toon but not like this.

Thx BW for crashing my game every hour and the queue of 1h30m on The Red Eclipse. Cant play with my guild mates, cant play with my friends, just a stopid queue of minimum 1h30m. Dont hide just come with a solution caus this is the worst start i ever seen in any mmo...FIX IT!!! I dont wanna pay for queue only....30min play 1h30min queue...crash..and queue again. Hate this so *********** much

My game doesn't crash, is it your PC? If so, that's your fault.

I'm waiting until the 19th. If it's not fixed by that date.... then Bioware should announce what they are doing in order to solve this issue.

After that, if it's not fixed by the end of January, then I'll have to consider my options.

I really do love to play this game. Yes, there are A LOT of issues which need to be resolved....

But, I don't want to wait in 1-5hr ques, then get DC'd, and put back in the back of the line.

I really hope they're working on this. It would just be nice if a Dev would actually post.

/double-facepalm

They are artificially low on high pop servers....Thats how a MMO manages a server in pre-release / launch weeks...

So when more people get in the game and see a 1:30 queue they are more inclined to roll on a different server.

*I agree it sucks short-term but the longer term benefits are worth it...If you can wait.

EA/Warhammer Online caved in to the playerbase and created a massive amount of servers that turned into ghost towns when people started to leave. It is normal for alot of people to leave after there free 30days. This killed Warhammer Online.

Edited by Bacardio