Queue's again?!? I'm out.

NuWyrldDave

What? Why is that BioWare's fault?

They paid no attention to the empty servers, which forced all the players there to reroll onto a full server. Had they merged low pop servers together, they would have solved the issue for them without even disturbing the well populated servers.

Sorry Bioware, I gave it a shot and it was fun while it lasted, but you let everyone from dying servers reroll onto my good server and now it's back to 30 min+ queue times to play. Screw that. You all didn't bother to regulate the pop cap, so I don't pay to wait to play. 1.2 is totally irrelevant now.

You will definitely not be missed,

Keep your empty threats to yourself.

So now you have the choice of a ghost town, or a wait to play anything. Both options are not worth paying money for in my opinion.
Not so. There are still several servers thriving in the middle zone with a strong, active population that's not overwhelming. I imagine these are the servers that the developers will identify as transfer destinations in a month or so.

This makes no sense whatsoever. How can BW "manage" a population? They can't force people to play so what options are there?

Server merges? Yeah, merge servers for 2 months and once 1.2 hits, add new servers and watch people whine that they have to reroll? Terrible idea.

Transfers? What, so everyone can just transfer to the same server instead of reroll on it? What would that solve? Nothing. Only make the problem appear sooner.

The only ones to blame are the people who don't want to put any effort into organizing and rerolling on multiple servers. People were told MULTIPLE times exactly what would happen by multiple people, me included, and what did we get? Flamed.

So yeah, cry me a river.

Gee it makes plenty of sense to me. You FORCE transfer to only go to specific servers.

THis isnt the first MMO that would do it. Lot have before.

OR you merge servers then raise server caps as needed.

Maybe I just have a different view because I manage servers and deal with balancing server loads EVERY DAY, but its not that damn hard. I have thousands of people to deal with and I'm one person. Surely a multi-million dollar company can handle it.

But you have two problems. Pitiful server cap sizes. And poor implementation. They failed to plan for this and now they are dealing with all these problems.

Bwahahah, wait till 1.2 hits and a large amount of players return, THEN you'll see queues and you know what? You have no one but YOURSELF to blame LOL.

ya, u dreaming,

so does EA dreaming lots players return too,

it will die again soon,

we said: provide x-server lfm system,

BW don't listen, so here is the queue and ghost servers issue again and again.

so stupid company.

Gee it makes plenty of sense to me. You FORCE transfer to only go to specific servers.

What, so you can whine that you can only transfer to another dead server? It has never done anything in WoW, people refuse to move.

OR you merge servers then raise server caps as needed.

Raise server cap? I assume you work for BW as a tech to know they can do it and how feasible it is?

Maybe I just have a different view because I manage servers and deal with balancing server loads EVERY DAY, but its not that damn hard. I have thousands of people to deal with and I'm one person. Surely a multi-million dollar company can handle it.

But you have two problems. Pitiful server cap sizes. And poor implementation. They failed to plan for this and now they are dealing with all these problems.

You have no idea whatsoever about their server infrastructure, implementation or capacity. You are talking out of your behind. I don't either, mind you, but then again I'm not the one claiming to know.

Hello!

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.