Darth Maul is Victor (What If)

Acheilus

He wouldn't really have been able to kill Qui-gon in an open field, due to thats where his main strength comes in able to use the Ataru form to its fullest. But....I guess in the slim chance he did, they probably would have just had sent another jedi master to accompany Obi-Wan when they reached coruscant and it probably would have played out a little differently. Well that and Anakin wouldn't have been trained as a jedi, Palpatine picks him up, trains him as a sith and the whole jedi order and republic is ****ed. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What would have changed in the movies if Darth Maul had successfully killed Qui-Gon on Tatooine? Would Obi-Wan simply have bested him on Naboo? What do you think?

Short Answer:

Another Jedi Master would have been assigned to the mission (they went straight to Coruscant after), Kenobi would have still become a Jedi Knight (as he was trial ready anyway) and it's likely Anakin would never have been trained as a Jedi.

Short Answer ends here:

Sidious may have then scooped abandoned Anakin up, assuming he found out about his potential from the mission debrief. Anakin then would have been trained/raised as pure Sith.

Eventually he would kill Dooku/Maul (depending on who Sidious's apprentice was, as Maul could be killed by the Qui-Gon replacement or Dooku later) and become Sidious full apprentice.

At which time he would have become Leader of the separatist army and killed many Jedi. It is likely from here Anakin and Sidious (after gain full senate powers and activating order 66) would have clean sweeped the Jedi Order, especially since Anakin and Kenobi would likley not have their duel on Mustafar (Kenobi would have likely died in the war much earlier, due to not having Anakin around to save him everytime).

Therefore Anakin/Vader would remain whole as Sidious lead the galaxy into the galactic Empire and evenutally may have been able to reach his potential, overthrowing Sidious.

And the eternal reign of Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith, son of the force, most powerful force user ever, would finally have brought peace to the galaxy ... or not.

I highly recommend reading the book Darth Plaguesis, it explains alot of stuff.

I actually did read the book, it was pretty great, or at least far better than I thought. I like any book that has Darth Maul, and it just so happens that Episode 1 and the time around it is my favorite.

What if Darth Maul had also killed Obi-Wan on Naboo, and then went and killed Anakin when he landed? That would definitely be a large change.

maybe he would have sensed the force in Anakin and deliver him to Sideius. Then Anakin would have been trained by Sideious from an early age.