Give us shuttles from fleet!

Roccobb

I would love for shuttles on the fleet to be able to go to all the planets. All the planets have a shuttle to fleet, why not go back? With all the load screens, I would be more likely to use these shuttles than my own ship. How would it work without filling the hangar with different shuttles?

Add a terminal, and have that terminal choose which planet you are going to.

And while you are at it, let me use the Tython shuttle! Or any beginning planet shuttle.

probably because that would as you so perfectly put it, make your ship almost entirely obsolete.

I do hate my ship at this point. Here is what it is like for me.

Leaving a planet, click on my ship. 1-2 min loading screen for takeoff video. Press space. 2-10 minute loading screen. On ship. Choose new location. click door. 1-2 min loading screen for video. 2-10 minute loading screen for planet.

I use my ship for the space game for that XP. Once 1.2 comes out, I will get a training dummy. Otherwise, I do hate the ships.

The idea does not break lore, or anything like that. As I said, all planets have a shuttle going to fleet. The fact one never goes back is kind of lore breaking... :D

probably because that would as you so perfectly put it, make your ship almost entirely obsolete.

I don't think the Ship would be obsolete. The ship would still be a social hub for you to bring friends over (like your house) and if they add 'decoration' etc and trophies you can customise and make your ship interesting. Also, you still need it to go perform space missions which I expect will be enhanced in the future.

As it is now there are a lot of really unnecessary time sinks/sucks. For example, to travel to a planet with an orbital station from the fleet you must...

- Go to your hanger (travel time time suck.. unnecessary)

- Enter your ship (Creates a loading time which, depending on the machine you are playing from may be significant)

- Run to the front of your ship and click on a map screen, navigate to your destination and select travel here (Needless time suck... Since your droid is patched in, why not just announce to him where you are going and he sets course.. etc)

- Run to the back of your ship again and exit.... Loading screen (Again a significant amount of time depending on the players hardware)

- Run down a long empty hallway with no other reason then to make you run down a long empty hallway to an elevator. (Needless time suck)

- Enter an elevator and press a button to go up to the orbital station. Another loading screen (albeit shorter)

-Run through an orbital station to the far end. Again.. Needless time suck.

- Click a shuttle door and get another loading screen. Another Time suck/inconvenience.

BioWare and MMO producers need to be a little more mindful of their players time. Things like these needless timesucks that do nothing to add to the game except to enforce a delay to get from one point to another are not appreciated and serve as a minor annoyance to most all players.

It seems logical to allow players to, once they have visited a planet the first time, to either purchase or find as a reward a 'Planetary Pass' for that planet which would serve much like the 'Fleet Pass'.

Alternatively, maybe make it part of the reward from completing the 'Bonus Series:' of missions for a planet, so you do have to do significant work to achieve it.

But at least then in the future you can return to a planet without a lot of needless running and loading screens which do very little to enhance the game and instead detract from it.

I don't think the Ship would be obsolete. The ship would still be a social hub for you to bring friends over (like your house) and if they add 'decoration' etc and trophies you can customise and make your ship interesting. Also, you still need it to go perform space missions which I expect will be enhanced in the future.

As it is now there are a lot of really unnecessary time sinks/sucks. For example, to travel to a planet with an orbital station from the fleet you must...

- Go to your hanger (travel time time suck.. unnecessary)

- Enter your ship (Creates a loading time which, depending on the machine you are playing from may be significant)

- Run to the front of your ship and click on a map screen, navigate to your destination and select travel here (Needless time suck... Since your droid is patched in, why not just announce to him where you are going and he sets course.. etc)

- Run to the back of your ship again and exit.... Loading screen (Again a significant amount of time depending on the players hardware)

- Run down a long empty hallway with no other reason then to make you run down a long empty hallway to an elevator. (Needless time suck)

- Enter an elevator and press a button to go up to the orbital station. Another loading screen (albeit shorter)

-Run through an orbital station to the far end. Again.. Needless time suck.

- Click a shuttle door and get another loading screen. Another Time suck/inconvenience.

BioWare and MMO producers need to be a little more mindful of their players time. Things like these needless timesucks that do nothing to add to the game except to enforce a delay to get from one point to another are not appreciated and serve as a minor annoyance to most all players.

It seems logical to allow players to, once they have visited a planet the first time, to either purchase or find as a reward a 'Planetary Pass' for that planet which would serve much like the 'Fleet Pass'.

Alternatively, maybe make it part of the reward from completing the 'Bonus Series:' of missions for a planet, so you do have to do significant work to achieve it.

But at least then in the future you can return to a planet without a lot of needless running and loading screens which do very little to enhance the game and instead detract from it.

The reason I didn't bring up space stations is because they are making them optional, which makes it a non-issue.