Why are so many people leaving swtor?

No... your reading from a sample size of about 5000 people in around 2.2 million on these forums, and not everyone on these forums are actually leaving. In all honesty, if I never came on this forums, I would sense no discontent from players of this game. seriously.

It didn't really bring anything new to the table. The focus on story made for a fun leveling experience, but it imo is something that should be reserved for single player games (case in point for JC story. Congrats you are now barsen'thor. Only the second one ever................except for few hundred running around right now).

They used the tried and true gameplay formula that every game in the past few years has used with varying degrees of marginal success. The problem with that though is that when you use the same formula as a game that has been out for seven years then you will inevitably be compared to that game, and people will ask why am I going to move here and start over without the people I have played with for years when I can just play that game instead. Even then it's dropping numbers shows that people are getting tired of the same old same old.

I think original thought in the development process would have went a long way. Come up with new things, expand on ideas from older games that people enjoyed. The big thing for me is something that themepark games tend to have issues with. In any given setting not everyone can be the hero. If everyone is a hero then there is nothing heroic about it.

Edited by Traugar