Is it true they are removing Lightsaber colors in 1.2?

Zarram

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, the light/dark side restrictions on crystals are already gone. My Dark II Assassin uses a blue double-bladed lightsaber, and my Light II Guardian could use a red saber if she wanted to.

Oh, so you can make a police jedi now lol. Blue and Red Sabers.

What about purple crystals and such?

IMO, as a purist with the Star Wars movies, Red should only be with the Sith, and the other rainbow colors with the Jedi. Purple can be a sort of "gray area" with Dark Side aligned Jedi and Light Side aligned Sith.

But that won't happen.

As it stands right now, the lightsaber wielding Force user player characters in this game look like a colorful circus act. None of the traditional colors for the Jedi and most especially the Sith. When you see a group of Sith, they pretty much should be using Red lightsabers.

IMO, as a purist with the Star Wars movies, Red should only be with the Sith, and the other rainbow colors with the Jedi. Purple can be a sort of "gray area" with Dark Side aligned Jedi and Light Side aligned Sith.

But that won't happen.

As it stands right now, the lightsaber wielding Force user player characters in this game look like a colorful circus act. None of the traditional colors for the Jedi and most especially the Sith. When you see a group of Sith, they pretty much should be using Red lightsabers.

Totally disagree, that's a really narrow minded view.

Totally disagree, that's a really narrow minded view.

I think he explained it was narrow minded as it was only referencing the movies.

I explicitly remember Anakin wielding a blue saber while he was clearly a Sith and killing Jedi Younglings and fighting Obi-wan, also him wielding a Red Saber taken from Dooku to cut his head off before clearly becoming a Sith.

Edited by monkgryphon

But that won't happen.

So there should be no Imperial Agents, since they weren't in the films? And if there were then they should use green crystals, while the Smugglers use red? And where is the stun setting on blasters? And why don't lightsaber wounds bleed like the guy in the cantina did?

But that won't happen.

There is a reason you tend to see the Sith using red sabers. While the Jedi used natural crystals, the Sith often used red-hued synthetic crystals. Sith-made synthetic crystals create a slightly more powerful blade when energized by the dark side of the Force, occasionally demonstrating the ability to "break" Jedi lightsaber blades, disrupting the energy circuit and shorting out the weapon, as almost happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi while fighting Darth Vader on the first Death Star.

Though synthetic crystals were ordinarily unsuitable for use in lightsabers, the Sith discovered that they could create synth-crystals that were energized, magnetized, and modified with the power of the dark side of the Force in special furnaces, causing the crystal to glow in harmonic vibration. As a result of their artificial origins, synthetic crystals created more powerful lightsaber blades and could be more easily augmented. Also, their common usage by Sith and other Darksiders after this discovery caused synthetic crystals to become something of a staple among such groups, and their use among Jedi was strongly discouraged.

However, synth-crystals could be made in any color, requiring only slight adjustments of the creation process and special manipulations through the Force during the forging. As Jedi frowned on the use of synthetic crystals in lightsabers, most individuals who utilized colors other than red were Darksiders looking to hide their affiliations.

Here is your reason you see Sith with the red sabers. Does not mean they HAD to use red though.

Disagree with the movies then.

Movies have nothing to do with the game though. This is thousands of years before the movies took place and there are no restriction on saber colors. Especially for the ridiculously mary sue storylines all player characters have.

Edited by Dystopic

Please don't start this debate about colors again.

They're going to do whatever people want and make stuff up along the way, rationalizing it using nuances of canon.

Just accept it and move on because soon we will have barber-shop/candy-cane colored lightsabers, etc.

You don't have to like it, but they'll let people use whatever colors they want eventually.

I explicitly remember Anakin wielding a blue saber while he was clearly a Sith and killing Jedi Younglings and fighting Obi-wan, also him wielding a Red Saber taken from Dooku to cut his head off before clearly becoming a Sith.

derp, of course it was blue... it HAD to be (i'm sure you can figure out why)

and yeah, what's he gonna do? stop mid-battle cause he can't physically use it? dumb.

fyi...

"As Kit Fisto's lightsaber hilt was a personal favorite of Nick Gillard, Cin Drallig's lightsaber hilt bears a resemblance to Fisto's. Based on behind the scenes materials, the lightsaber blade was originally to be rotoscoped in yellow. However, George Lucas would only allow either blue or green as the color of any regular Jedi's lightsaber blade. With the exception of Samuel L. Jackson's violet lightsaber blade he used as Mace Windu, Lucas would go no further with other colors"

why don't any of you bring up the clone wars?...

a hundred jedi at the arena ALL BUT ONE with blue and green sabers.

But that won't happen.

The movies were really simplified. This has been listed before so I won't bother again; but there are sith who use blue jedi who use red etc. Princess leia for one.

Also the reason most Sith used red was because of tradition / availability really.

and yeah, what's he gonna do? stop mid-battle cause he can't physically use it? dumb.

fyi...

"As Kit Fisto's lightsaber hilt was a personal favorite of Nick Gillard, Cin Drallig's lightsaber hilt bears a resemblance to Fisto's. Based on behind the scenes materials, the lightsaber blade was originally to be rotoscoped in yellow. However, George Lucas would only allow either blue or green as the color of any regular Jedi's lightsaber blade. With the exception of Samuel L. Jackson's violet lightsaber blade he used as Mace Windu, Lucas would go no further with other colors"

You're talking about the guy who wants to show the Sith and Jedi only in one light. He wanted to make it obvious who he thought the bad guys and good guys were.

Why don't you talk about how the Jedi tried to commit genocide ^_^

You're talking about the guy who wants to show the Sith and Jedi only in one light. He wanted to make it obvious who he thought the bad guys and good guys were.

Why don't you talk about how the Jedi tried to commit genocide ^_^

true, and yet oddly i find myself drawn more to how star wars was originally conceived, as the archetypical battle between good and evil with clearly defined sides. for me, that's really what makes it fantasy. as we all know the realities of reality are quite different and much more abstract.

true, and yet oddly i find myself drawn more to how star wars was originally conceived, as the archetypical battle between good and evil with clearly defined sides. for me, that's really what makes it fantasy. as we all know the realities of reality are quite different and much more abstract.

Eh, I always thought the jedi were the bad guys. Why make SW so simple when it can be so great. /sigh Needs to be a Sith oriented movie lol. And not by the jedi fanboy we know as Lucas lol.

Eh, I always thought the jedi were the bad guys. Why make SW so simple when it can be so great. /sigh Needs to be a Sith oriented movie lol. And not by the jedi fanboy we know as Lucas lol.

haha don't get me wrong, as a little boy i cried at the end of jedi

;)

to this day i'm disappointed that not at least one an entire prequel flick wasn't dedicated to the imperial jedi hunt... how he crammed all the good stuff in at the end of revenge will bother... sorry lol can't start talking about that again

Edited by smilefunk

fyi...

By the time of the Clone Wars, saber crystals were coming exclusively from Ilum, which only produces green and blue. Mace Windu went way way out of his way to get his purple crystal. During The Old Republic, crystals come from many different locations, and therefore a much wider range of colors.