Same faction Novare coast doesn't make sense!

sithlordcip

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how this is any different to the arena system in WoW.

This is WAAAAAAAY different than arena system in WoW....

Arena system in WoW is more like Huttball in ToR

Huttball is the only WARZONE that can and should be same faction cos its a sport for the hutts

You DONT PRACTICE on the LEGENDARY VOIDSTAR gaining access to DATA when you have VOIDSTAR under control....

YOU DONT PRACTICE fighting over resources at Nevarra Coast...

YOU PRACTICE IN A MILITARY CAMP or abandoned land.

ToR is getting more and more lore-breaking and against any sense of STAR WARS universe...

Soon the only connection of Star Wars and ToR will be Lightsabres, Force, Space-jumps and a few races

*Sigh* souch high hopes and so much fail. :(

Huttball is the only WARZONE that can and should be same faction cos its a sport for the hutts

You DONT PRACTICE on the LEGENDARY VOIDSTAR gaining access to DATA when you have VOIDSTAR under control....

ToR is getting more and more lore-breaking and against any sense of STAR WARS universe...

Soon the only connection of Star Wars and ToR will be Lightsabres, Force, Space-jumps and a few races

Treat it like a virtual simulation. What you see is not the real thing, just virtual reality.

Ideally you want opposing factions. But for now it is important that PvP BGs must pop up at all times and in order to do that, same faction BGs are a compromise.

Treat it like a virtual simulation. What you see is not the real thing, just virtual reality.

Ideally you want opposing factions. But for now it is important that PvP BGs must pop up at all times and in order to do that, same faction BGs are a compromise.

lols...

If we start taking such compromises we end up in the land of where everyone gets best gear and someone will say: ''its a comprosie treat it like its Virtual simulation''

Problem is not even there in how we take it in the end those who oppose such ideas oppose it from 2 reasons.

1. lore ok we can eventually overcome that somehow

but 2nd and MOST important is the fact that BIOWARE is doing NOTHING to balance the 2 factions ...

Give out lvl 50s 50% bonus XP till lvl 50 or something or Valor boost whatever to make them to choose rerolling faster and so on and on

Thats the problem they are going EASY way ALL THE FREAKING TIME!

How can republic fight rep and emp fight emp? Its a planet full of resources and both the rep and the emp want to get their hands on those resources.

Same faction battles don't make sense unless its huttball but that is more of a sport and makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this? To me its kinda lorebreaking and immersion breaking.

There is precident for this in non-fiction. There has been internal strife in cultures through-out recorded history. Factions with-in factions. Look at the ancient Chinese Empire, Japan, The Roman Empire, Iran vs. Iraq, Etc, Etc, Etc....

The Factions unite temporarily against a common enemy, and when it is over, they beat on each other again for a while....

Soooo... I don't see a problem with this same theme in game.

There is precident in game for this. the Sith are constantly plotting against each other for personal gain.

There is precident for this in non-fiction. There has been internal strife in cultures through-out recorded history. Factions with-in factions. Look at the ancient Chinese Empire, Japan, The Roman Empire, Iran vs. Iraq, Etc, Etc, Etc....

The Factions unite temporarily against a common enemy, and when it is over, they beat on each other again for a while....

Soooo... I don't see a problem with this same theme in game.

There is precident in game for this. the Sith are constantly plotting against each other for personal gain.

And Jedi plot against eachother?

I agree with this, its sad that we are talking about Star Wars here and they twist the lore like that

Lmao OP says he views same faction WZ (which is clearly stated to be training simulation for RP purposes) as game and immersion-breaking but when his character dies in a pit of fire or a pool of acid and magically respawns 30seconds later instead of "transcending to the Force", it's fine?

Game mechanics that have ZERO impact on story / lore.

2 can play this game bro

Edited by gibmachine

Lmao OP says he views same faction WZ (which is clearly stated to be training simulation for RP purposes) as game and immersion-breaking but when his character dies in a pit of fire or a pool of acid and magically respawns 30seconds later instead of "transcending to the Force", it's fine?

Game mechanics that have ZERO impact on story / lore.

2 can play this game bro

Did you read my post.... people dislike that Bioware is being LAZY and tries to fix everything THE EASY way...

instead they should try and balance both factions they simply give us same faction pvp...

When I play pvp i really prefer playing against opposing faction not against my own faction ...

The core problem is FACTION IMBALANCES that Bioware is doing NOTHING ABOUT... instead they fake fix it with same faction warzones

That is just plain laziness and the least work and effort

Did you read my post.... people dislike that Bioware is being LAZY and tries to fix everything THE EASY way...

instead they should try and balance both factions they simply give us same faction pvp...

When I play pvp i really prefer playing against opposing faction not against my own faction ...

The core problem is FACTION IMBALANCES that Bioware is doing NOTHING ABOUT... instead they fake fix it with same faction warzones

That is just plain laziness and the least work and effort

1. My post said "OP" so it wasn't directed at you.

2. This entire thread isn't about devs being lazy but a guy who's complaining about pretty thing while overlooking that his logic is inherently flawed.

1. My post said "OP" so it wasn't directed at you.

2. This entire thread isn't about devs being lazy but a guy who's complaining about pretty thing while overlooking that his logic is inherently flawed.

This is about the devs choosing to implement cheap and easy things just to "solve" problems

This is about the devs choosing to implement cheap and easy things just to "solve" problems

How? Real life militaries do practice simulations against one another all of the time. I suppose that them adding the same 4 WZs to do all the time is a "cheap and easy way to solve a problem", I mean really, how many times have I managed to claim the data on the Voidstar? How many Imperial ships have been shot down over Alderaan by this point? How many times have I died in Huttball?

How? Real life militaries do practice simulations against one another all of the time. I suppose that them adding the same 4 WZs to do all the time is a "cheap and easy way to solve a problem", I mean really, how many times have I managed to claim the data on the Voidstar? How many Imperial ships have been shot down over Alderaan by this point? How many times have I died in Huttball?

PRACTICE IS DONE AWAY FROM RISKY AND IMPORTANT OBJECTIVES LIKE VOIDSTAR AND THAT NEW WZ with RESOURCES IMPORTANT FOR BOTH FACTIONS.

*sigh*

Comparing death in game vs death IRL is void argument cos this is 1 of the few things that game HAS TO HAVE to function properly and be even considered to play...

But the thing we are talking about IS AN EASY and CHEAP way to FIX FACTION IMBALANCE when they should actively work in balancing it.

THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Edited by Noviru
IC/Real Life Politics

PRACTICE IS DONE AWAY FROM RISKY AND IMPORTANT OBJECTIVES LIKE VOIDSTAR AND THAT NEW WZ with RESOURCES IMPORTANT FOR BOTH FACTIONS.

*sigh*

Comparing death in game vs death IRL is void argument cos this is 1 of the few things that game HAS TO HAVE to function properly and be even considered to play...

But the thing we are talking about IS AN EASY and CHEAP way to FIX FACTION IMBALANCE when they should actively work in balancing it.

THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Holographic training simulators, where they develop the intended scenario with holograms. Or you could say that these places were even built to be exactly like the places they are going to go fight in, because it's so special. If you can't suspend your belief enough to say, "it is a training simulation", how can you suspend belief enough that you've captured Alderaan's defenses, or captured the Voidstar for the 1000th time?

Ever heard of making a mountain out of a molehill? You guys are making Mt. Everest out of a molehill. Is it really that big of an issue? Why would Jedi Masters kill each other in a sport? Why would top-secret Imperial Agents be involved in Huttball?

Edited by Noviru
editing out removed content

Jedis fighting Jedi at this new Warzone over IMPORTANT RESOURCES that noone really wants them to be destroyed FOR PRACTICE

Also, Jedi fight Jedi and Imps fight Imps in lore all the time. The KOTOR comics done by Dark Horse is a prime example of that but there are many others from the novels/comics/games.

Side bar. I do agree with you though it seems this is their attempt to fix server imbalance instead of merging. Which is a shame.

Edited by Noviru

For everyone crying "FIX FACTION IMBALANCES! STOP BEING LAZY BIOWARE!!"

Please tell me how do you fix faction imbalances? Please don't say something just dumb like "make republic more cool" I want specifics from you. It's people choice to pick IMP or REP. If you are really concerned about faction imbalance and commited to the cause why don't you stop playing the popular imp and reroll a Repub. Until you do that or come up with a specific plan for faction imbalance then stop crying so hard.

Edited by Aronean

For everyone crying "FIX FACTION IMBALANCES! STOP BEING LAZY BIOWARE!!"

Please tell me how do you fix faction imbalances? Please don't say something just dumb like "make republic more cool" I want specifics from you. It's people choice to pick IMP or REP. If you are really concerned about faction imbalance and commited to the cause why don't you stop playing the popular imp and reroll a Repub. Until you do that or come up with a specific plan for faction imbalance then stop crying so hard.

Sure ill give you examples.

1st... alot of people i would argue majority picks something cos they choose so yes... But many players would rather choose different if that would improve their pvp action.

So lets take a look on examples now.

If you get lvl 50 whatever class on Empire side, you would get 100% bonus XP on 1st Republic character.

This is one very easy and MOST effective step.

2nd could be giving lvl XYXY Valor experience reaching lvl 50 on opposing faction character.

And so on and on and on.

You can give varius incencitives to play a different faction to lvl 50

Btw: My first character is lvl 50 Trooper on server 1. My second character is lvl 50 Trooper on server 2. Now i am lvling my Mercenary on server 2 because both my Troopers are vanguards but the second Dual spec is available i will pvp with my Vanguard all the time.

Seems stupid for me. Common sense and logic . . .

Right. Logic.

Devs are implementing easy and cheap solutions by making my character magically come back to life after being killed in a pit of fire. I find that immersion-breaking.

See what I did there? There is your "logic" for you.

When I originally posted on this thread, I had just started, as a level 37, PvPing. I'm a BIG lore nut but I hate constant matches of Huttball even more lol...

..if it gets me playing varied Warzones, I'm all for it.

The one thing I don't think measures up as a "training exercise" is in what case, in a "real" battle, would you ever fight alongside a Sith/Jedi of the opposite faction?

I think it breaks down as a "training exercise" BUT at least Bioware is trying.