Stealth needs a tweak

Tetrablade

A 30sec timer would be absolutely unplayable unless you redesign the class so we don't depend on stealth to use our main abilities and have enough survivability to stay alive during those 30sec.

this 100%

Shadow Infiltration needs that stealth, what the thread OP is suggesting would ruin the (already weak) DPS.

And quite frankly, above posters are 95% correct. Shadow Infil. DPS and Op burst DPS are going to be *EVEN* weaker in 1.2

/thread

Assassin

Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.

Madness (Assassin)

Raze's activation effects are now more visible.

Force in Balance no longer heals the caster if no targets are hit.

Not seeing any nerf there so how is 1.2 making it weaker? As for Scoundrel/Operative while backblast is getting an increased timer, the healing and overall sustainable dps is being improved. So again, whether it is 30sec or 1min how is it nerfing stealth? Cause 30sec is plenty of time to get my scoundrel behind someone.

As for losing a lot of stuff to composition, with an 8man team and voice I can easily see them dominating anyone. Range and area deniability mean nothing if you don't see them coming. Stealth is only weak if you can't get creative with its use, cause I can think of literally dozens of ways on the current maps to dominate. Novera Coast however I don't know since I haven't played it yet.

Tell you what, I will personally ask for this thread to be closed or deleted if someone can refute my claim that an all stealth team is overpowered with either some actual stratagems or video that show a way to defend against a team of stealth users using voice chat. I'll even give 100k credits in game to someone who can prove that it can be done.

Edited by Tetrablade

people on these forums will find literally ANYTHING to complain about. stealth is fine.

I take it then you have fought an all stealth team and have pointers for the rest of us? Stealth 1v1 is fine, stealth with mixed teams is fine, but full stealth is overpowered which affects the rest of it.

I take it then you have fought an all stealth team and have pointers for the rest of us? Stealth 1v1 is fine, stealth with mixed teams is fine, but full stealth is overpowered which affects the rest of it.

If 4 guys are stealthed they're not doing any contributino until they come out of stealth so presumably 8 on 4 is going to be advantageous too.

Now there's higher than 50% chance the stealther is Assassin (more popular than Operative) and they're one of the strongest class overall so the fact that you mentioned an all stealth team greatly increases the number of powerful class you'll face, which can be considered a disadvantage, but it's not because of stealth. 4 Tankasins in plain view are still very hard to stop.

this 100%

Shadow Infiltration needs that stealth, what the thread OP is suggesting would ruin the (already weak) DPS.

And quite frankly, above posters are 95% correct. Shadow Infil. DPS and Op burst DPS are going to be *EVEN* weaker in 1.2

/thread

No it doesn't. You have to be kidding. We have 2 stealth moves, one of which does 200-400 damage, and the other which is a 8sec mez that cant be used on targets in combat and fills a crap ton of resolve. We get a few seconds of force regen when we exit stealth.

It sucks. I would 100% rather have a heal debuff, or a vanish that works or something.

using voice chat.

Really? Reeeeeally? Sure, you make that a requirement and the rest of your conditions are irrelevant. A full team of, well, anything on voice chat is going to stomp a bloody puddle in the chest of the team not using it. In any game you care to mention. :)

We already have it. Surely you've used "Smuggle" a time or three, right? What's your prognosis, doctor? ;)

My proposal is to make stealth at base level last 15sec with a 10sec cooldown. This is the level of stealth you get if you make absolutely no investment into stealth. I would put an extra effect of increasing stealth time by 15sec in talent levels 2,3, and 4. For instance with say a scoundrel the first 15sec boost comes with sneaky, the second sucker punch, and the third Fight or Flight. Basically putting it into key talents that one would take pretty much all the time as a dps regardless of build.

That would work, but you'd have to make it mara-stealth, not Op/scoundrel stealth. Then rebalance the rest of the class stats to not rely on it.

Edited by SableShadow

Really? Reeeeeally? Sure, you make that a requirement and the rest of your conditions are irrelevant. A full team of, well, anything on voice chat is going to stomp a bloody puddle in the chest of the team not using it. In any game you care to mention. :)

Lol, you are right of course. The point of including voice chat was to put two optimally equipped teams against each other, and voice chat is one of the tools required for effective team based pvp. I feel that with voice chat stealth's effectiveness goes up past what even a mixed team can put out.

Oh god please stop giving BW ideas how to please the masses and nerf the OP even more :cool:

I'm not trying to ask for a nerf to anything really. Adding timers I suppose could be a nerf or having certain abilites break stealth before you can use them, i'll give you that. But Operative/scoundrel have more problems then an overpowered stealth option.

Nerf stealth hahaha, these are the people you can thank for your 1.2 changes.

Whats so bad about the changes? All mmos change over time, nature of the beast. Stealth needs a rework and for all the people like you who are passive aggressive toward me I have not heard why it doesn't need it.

I'm even willing to put my money where my mouth is, apparently people like you aren't so confident. I am fully willing to be educated, but after playing a stealth class, playing against, and having friends and guildies play them I just have to say it is overpowered. Should it be taken out? Not in my opinion. Should it be nerfed? Not really. Does it need to be reworked from it's current form? Yes. If you think differently tell me why, because I am always willing to admit to being wrong if shown to be.

The only thing I have heard is it will make it less powerful to change stealth. The only propositions I have put out so far is putting a timer and maybe making certain abilities break stealth BEFORE they go off. If this will really break stealth as a mechanic then please tell me how because I just don't see it.

If 4 guys are stealthed they're not doing any contributino until they come out of stealth so presumably 8 on 4 is going to be advantageous too.

Now there's higher than 50% chance the stealther is Assassin (more popular than Operative) and they're one of the strongest class overall so the fact that you mentioned an all stealth team greatly increases the number of powerful class you'll face, which can be considered a disadvantage, but it's not because of stealth. 4 Tankasins in plain view are still very hard to stop.

So if they are already hard to stop when you see them, imagine trying to stop a sudden swarm when they come out of stealth with their backstabs. This is kinda the point i'm trying to make, add on the healing and now buffed healing of operatives and you have a pretty deadly team.

Edited by Tetrablade

they definitely did something to stealth. and yes it was a nerf. I get knocked out of stealth so easily now...before 1.2 I could stay stealth forever and be fine...imo its necessary though because out of stealth i'm a sitting duck squishy as hell and not much sustainable dps without opening with backblast...meh not a big fan of 1.2...

• 9 years later...
they definitely did something to stealth. and yes it was a nerf. I get knocked out of stealth so easily now...before 1.2 I could stay stealth forever and be fine...imo its necessary though because out of stealth i'm a sitting duck squishy as hell and not much sustainable dps without opening with backblast...meh not a big fan of 1.2...

Surely you think 1.2 was the best patch ever, given your 7.0 comments.