The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon Friendlies ?

Yongfu

Because Huttball.

It's like you don't know that there's already four classes that can do this.

Not that I'd advocate for Vanguard/Powertech being able to do so as well.

Just pointing out the terrible flaw in your reason for not advocating for it.

As for my reason? I invoke the fine line between Class Balance and Distinction. :p

As for my reason? I invoke the fine line between Class Balance and Distinction. :p

Last I checked out of the 8 ACs only Sage/Sorcs can pull friendlies to them.

Last I checked out of the 8 ACs only Sage/Sorcs can pull friendlies to them.

Technically 4 if you include guardian leap/ whatever warriors do (angry man leap?).

Cheating, but I guess it sorta is a reverse friendly pull.

Fine with how harpoon works by the way, had a game with 4 vanguards on our side who knew how to harpoon and stun in fire, even had a few shield specced ones storming a target as stuns wore off. It was a slaughter house :3

It is indeed easy mode.

I played a commando to 50, and once my vanguard got harpoon and played some Huttball I began to wonder how classes with movement control EVER lose at Huttball.

People always say you just think the grass is always greener on the other side. No. It is most definitely greener on the vanguard/force-user side of the bridge.

I played a commando to 50, and once my vanguard got harpoon and played some Huttball I began to wonder how classes with movement control EVER lose at Huttball.

Thought you guys had a knockback?

Though yes, in some ways it's not really like you were talking about. Still makes a pretty good first line of defense.

I don't see any terrible flaws in his reasoning. "Because huttball" is a perfectly valid reason for not advocating it.

Some classes can already pull friendlies, true. But no class can currently both pull friendlies and enemies. Adding such would certainly have high impact on huttball matches balancing.

It is indeed easy mode.

People always say you just think the grass is always greener on the other side. No. It is most definitely greener on the vanguard/force-user side of the bridge.

Agreed, I PvPed to ~valor 50 (pre ez mode) on my Mercenary and while I missed my knockbacks at first, Storm and Harpoon are SOOOO much more useful.