Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% sure that all companions can crit on crew skill misssions, etc??? no matter if they have +crit or not?

They definitely can. I've had all of my companions crit on missions and crafting. I don't have a companion with +crit for cybertech, and yet I still routinely receive earpieces with augment slots.

However, at this point in time, not all crafted items can crit. Mods and Armoring, for example, fall into that category.

Edited by Craftamancer

I have 5 companion slots available to me, but when I want to send them out, is there anyway to get more missions?

I am trying to get lvl 6 rare gemstones from thunting.

What I am finding is I can't get the rares very often. Is there a secret to get more rare gems on your missions? or is there a secret to get more gemstone missions? I often have a choice of only 5 missions, and 2 are companion gifts, 2 are lockboxes and one gemstone.

how do I get all 5 gemstones?

I have 5 companion slots available to me, but when I want to send them out, is there anyway to get more missions?

I am trying to get lvl 6 rare gemstones from thunting.

What I am finding is I can't get the rares very often. Is there a secret to get more rare gems on your missions? or is there a secret to get more gemstone missions? I often have a choice of only 5 missions, and 2 are companion gifts, 2 are lockboxes and one gemstone.

how do I get all 5 gemstones?

Treasure hunting allows you to take missions up to difficulty "Abundant" for Grade 6 Gemstones. These missions will appear yellow, and have the highest chance of yielding artifact quality gemstones. "Moderate" missions appear green, and have a small chance of yielding Grade 6 artifact gemstones.

Level 340 treasure hunting missions that you obtain via slicing guarantee that you receive rare gemstones, in addition to other rewards.

Aside from the slicing missions, you are unable to select which missions will appear in your mission screen. With Underworld Trading (UT), completing one mission refreshes the entire list of missions. However, I have noticed that this is not the case with Treasure Hunting. You can also refresh your mission list with UT by entering and exiting your ship, but I'm uncertain whether or not this works for Treasure Hunting.

Also, I believe that the grade 6 artifact gemstones are the product of a "crit", which is influenced by some companions, and by the affection of the companion you are using. The higher the affection rating, the faster the mission is accomplished and the higher the odds of a crit.

Edited by Craftamancer

i was wondering if i max out biochem and get th reusable stim packs and med packs, and actually make them..is it possible to change biochem into something else and still be able to have the reusable stim and med packs still in your inventory and still be able to use them?

i was wondering if i max out biochem and get th reusable stim packs and med packs, and actually make them..is it possible to change biochem into something else and still be able to have the reusable stim and med packs still in your inventory and still be able to use them?

No, all the reuseable stims/adrenals/medpacks require bio-chem in order to use them.

In addition, when higher level bio-chem schematics are introduced into the game they will not have a reuseable form. All new stims/adrenals/medpacks will be consumeable only.

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned, because I just found this thread and I can't go through all 47 pages...

But I just want to let you know, I'm a Light I Sith Assassin, and I have a red crystal in my lightsaber. Whether they've lifted the inability for Light Side sith to use them or not, I don't know for sure... Just letting you know what I've seen. :)

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned, because I just found this thread and I can't go through all 47 pages...

But I just want to let you know, I'm a Light I Sith Assassin, and I have a red crystal in my lightsaber. Whether they've lifted the inability for Light Side sith to use them or not, I don't know for sure... Just letting you know what I've seen. :)

Crystals are no longer Dark or Lightside specific, though max level Ops & PVP crystals, Red with a Black Core (Sith) and Blue with a Black Core (Republic) still appear to only be attainable by those factions.

If Legacy in 1.2 allows players to transfer Rakata/Battlemaster equipment to opposite faction characters then we may very well see those crystals on each side as well.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone seen data on the % increased crit chance from companion crew skill bonuses?

eg: Blizz has +1 amrstech critical.

does that +1 = 10% chance (5%? 15%? 20%?) to crit on armstech crafts over a companion who does not have a crit bonus?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but I was thinking about setting up some alts for crafting purposes (craft an item with an alt and then mail it to my main).

Is it possible to send e-mails to characters of the opposite faction? I thought I might set up an alt on the opposite faction rather than having 2-3 alts of the same class in order to have one character with each crafting ability (so for example rather than having 2 Smugglers and 2 troopers I would have 1 smuggler doing cybertech, a trooper doing armstech, a bounty hunter doing armormech and an Imperial agent doing biochem). Before I do something like that I just wanted to make sure that I could send one of my Republic characters items crafted by one of my Imperial characters and visa versa.

• 2 weeks later...
[*]The difficulty ranges as follows, with the highest difficulty on top and the lowest on the bottom. The skill-up chance is also shown after the mission level.

ORANGE
- Always (sometimes x2)

YELLOW
- More often than not

GREEN
- Not very often

GREY
- Not at all

This is incorrect. You always get a skill increase from a non-grey crew skill task. The amounts are as follows:

ORANGE
- 2 points

YELLOW
- 1 or 2 points

GREEN
- 1 point

GREY
- none

Here is a list of the Max Deployable companions relative to your level:

[Level 10] -

[Level 15] -

[Level 25] -

[Level 40] -

[Level 48] -

Slight error here as well. Fourth deployable companion becomes available at level 41. I've heard that the fifth would be at level 49, but I haven't verified this myself yet.

Edited by DataBeaver

I've heard that the fifth would be at level 49, but I haven't verified this myself yet.

This turned out to be false. I've reached level 48 myself now, and I can send all five companions out. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, in the FAQ section you still have level 40 listed for fourth companion.

Thanks for the info, this new forum layout is going to take some getting used to D: Messed up all the colours QQ

Indent doesn't seem to be working hopefully they will fix this soon so the guide is easier to read again!

Edited by Goshee

Couple questions about artifice.

1. Can Shields be RE'd to get a better version of them?

2. Can Shields be crit crafted to receive an augment slot?

Right now my main is armormech and I'd like a better shield but all my artifice friends said they hadn't tried anything with shields and didn't want to risk it if it might not be possible.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...