A good RP-PVP server

Antares_Navaar

To make this short, I'm interested in both RP and PVP. Because I like these as much as I like solo play (which doesn't need a specific server), I'd like to find a server where I can find an equal or close to equal amount.

I'm coming from Sanctum of the Exalted, where you can find RP good for the age of the game, but where making out from PVP is much more strenuous (with excessively high loss rates). What I want is a server where I can find good RP, or make my own RP in a potentially good community of willing players, but at the same time, dedicate my character to PVP.

I heard Ven Zallow was a good server for this, but I've also heard this about Ajunta Pall. If I could get some general opinions on the topic, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

As a side note, I don't expect to win every single PVP match, or even close to it. What I am looking for is an even rate of PVP win/loss ratio, while being able to sink into my inner nerd core when I tire of that and solo-play. Also note that Sanctum is out of the question if, in your opinion, it gets better or I am making a mistake leaving. I chose a poor legacy name at 5:00 a.m. 'Nuff said.

I have characters on both Ajunta Pall and Jung Ma.

Ajunta Pall usually runs RP-light; most people on the server seem more interested in PvP over RP. The RP guilds attempted to organize themselves about two months ago, utilizing a global chat channel to keep in touch with one another. The channel, however, fell silent shortly after. If they got organized they're going about their RP activities quietly.

Jung ma seems to be looking for a true hybrid of RP and PvP game play, and it boasts quite a few notable RP-PvP oriented guilds. Tribus is the official guild of the TOR-Talk Podcast community. Claiming to be a lite-RP/PvE/PvP guild, these Imperials have taken it upon themselves to plan and organize serverwide open-world RP-PvP events. Their most recent, the Siege of Hoth, brought over 250 people to gather on everyone's favorite galactic icecube to besiege a Republic base. They posted several videos of the event on YouTube (Event Background/Event Debrief).

If you prefer fighting for the Republic Jung Ma is also home to Alpha Company, a Trooper-only RP-PvP guild that made a bit of a buzz with their recent

. These men and women go back to SWG, where they had a well-known Stormtrooper-only guild that was identified by the developers of that game for a unique in-game event: an inspection of the squad by Darth Vader. They regularly patrol high-conflict areas for Imperial activity, and do so completely in-character. The server also boasts additional quality RP guilds on both factions; I mention these two because they are probably the most notable to the general guild community at the moment. Edited by HeavensAgent

I'm on jung ma, it's a great server. The biggest thing I think about Jung ma is you can do what you like. If you like to rp there's role play guilds if you like pvp Or pve those guilds are there, so you have the freedom to do what you want. Like me, I just recently started getting into pvp here with my commando after leveling two toons to 50, it's cool to be able to play how you want with the type of people you like.

Highly encourage you to check it out and for Pete's sake roll republic :) because were awesome and we need more awesome people to enhance the general awesomeness we currently have :).

Wish you luck, if you decide to check us out feel free to give me a whisper.

Edited by Macabakur