Stealth busted?

Tikira

make sure you're getting behind your targets and don't stand still for too long when you are behind them, they have a higher chance of spotting you if you're in front of them. even when you get behind them if you stand there for too long they'll still spot you.

currently lvl 29 and i'm now reaching taris (suggested starting lvl 32) because i have a bad habit of stealthing past hordes of mobs to get to the quest objective and move on. with stealth, blackout (or w/e its called), vanish, and mind trap, I rarely have to fight anything unless I choose to.

The issue is that many mobs have a frontal anti-stealth sight. From what I've read in various posts, you basically need to take the +Stealth Lvl ranks of Obfuscation (Deception tree) to deal with stealth charging a mob. Otherwise you need to sneak up on them from behind.

I have yet to see stealth work properly on my assassin. Everytime i get in normal agro range (while stealthed) they still agro straight to me.

stealth is fine, you are meant to approach from behind, learn to stealth the right way and you will find it works great.

Move fast and don't approach from front. Remember force speed if you have to approach from the front also mez anyone who has the detecting symbol above their head. Also remember you can use blackout (i believe is the name) to increase your stealth level.