Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Twilek

mycommando

This isn't a suggestion, and should go in general commentary. That said, I would like to know as well; I'm going to be rolling a Twi'lek Trooper in 1.2. I've been trying to find a Twi'lek Guardian to wear an enclosed Trooper helmet in game for some time now, but I've had no luck. Additionally, my requests for images on these boards have always been met with responses about how masks and hats are currently applied to the species, but no one comes forward with evidence about Trooper helmets.

When I show my helmet are my lekku going to be chopped off? I can't imagine the Republic would require Twi'lek to mutilate themselves in order to be able to wear their full uniform, and trying to say their stuffed up into the helmet is a real stretch, and not in keeping with the lore anyway.

Are they going to clip through the back of my helmet? It would look a bit weird but be easier to explain from an RP perspective. at least my brains would remain intact.

Is the ability to show a helmet simply going to be disabled for Twi'leks, like it is for several other species with head structure that vary from baseline human.

My preferred option would be unique item models for headgear that accommodated a Twi'lek's head structure. That said, I understand the work this represents and have doubts it will ever be added to the game. My favorites of the three I mentioned are ranked as:

1. Helmet cannot be displayed
  2. Lekku clip through helmet
  3. Lekku are amputated (my brains!)

This isn't a suggestion, and should go in general commentary. That said, I would like to know as well; I'm going to be rolling a Twi'lek Trooper in 1.2. I've been trying to find a Twi'lek Guardian to wear an enclosed Trooper helmet in game for some time now, but I've had no luck. Additionally, my requests for images on these boards have always been met with responses about how masks and hats are currently applied to the species, but no one comes forward with evidence about Trooper helmets.

When I show my helmet are my lekku going to be chopped off? I can't imagine the Republic would require Twi'lek to mutilate themselves in order to be able to wear their full uniform, and trying to say their stuffed up into the helmet is a real stretch, and not in keeping with the lore anyway.

Are they going to clip through the back of my helmet? It would look a bit weird but be easier to explain from an RP perspective. at least my brains would remain intact.

Is the ability to show a helmet simply going to be disabled for Twi'leks, like it is for several other species with head structure that vary from baseline human.

My preferred option would be unique item models for headgear that accommodated a Twi'lek's head structure. That said, I understand the work this represents and have doubts it will ever be added to the game. My favorites of the three I mentioned are ranked as:

If you want a fully enclosed helmet, there's one on NS for 12 commendations.

I know where to get fully-enclosed heavy helmets. I'm wondering how they display on a Twi'lek.

Fully enclosed helmets replace the head model completely. Which, obviously, results in the Lekku simply vanishing. Non-enclosed ones have Lekku poking out.

Fully enclosed helmets replace the head model completely. Which, obviously, results in the Lekku simply vanishing. Non-enclosed ones have Lekku poking out.
In this instance I believe you're mistaken. I've seen Troopers with hair and horns clipping through their fully-enclosed helmets before. Edited by HeavensAgent

I wasn't saying it's intended, but it does demonstrate that the head model isn't replaced.

Yeah because it's a bug that it isn't replaced, hence everything clipping through it. Or do you honestly argue that BW intended for your hair and every other head feature to poke out? Cause that's the only way it would not be intentionally replaced. Faces come in different shapes and sizes, helmets don't.

Do I have to draw you a picture?

I'm just curious as to what actually happens in game. I don't care if it's a bug or not, and unless Bioware tells us one way or the other we won't know.

I'm just asking what the game actually reflects. In the beta lekku clipped through a Trooper helmet; I'm wondering if that's been changed.

Do I have to draw you a picture?
If you have a relevant screenshot I'd love to see that. Edited by HeavensAgent

I'm just curious as to what actually happens in game. I don't care if it's a bug or not, and unless Bioware tells us one way or the other we won't know.

I'm just asking what the game actually reflects. In the beta lekku clipped through a Trooper helmet; I'm wondering if that's been changed.

If you have a relevant screenshot I'd love to see that.

I think that what people are telling you (a bit undiplomatically, but that's the internet for you) is that the intent is that enclosed helms replace the head model, thus your lekku will get "cut off", however, some helms are bugged, resulting in clipping of horns, hair, lekku, etc... This is my guess from reading between the lines though, and i doubt your going to get an official response from BW answering this question.

I understand what they're saying. Still, though, it doesn't address my request.

I don't want an official response. I just want to see if the helmet clipping still happens after all the post-launch tweaks Bioware made to lekku-headgear interactions.

Why dont you just make a trooper, level to 10, go to the fleet AH and check how helmets look? I think it would be faster then waiting for BW to answer this question.

I am playing a Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor, and I refuse to show helmet because it amputates my lekku.

Why dont you just make a trooper, level to 10, go to the fleet AH and check how helmets look? I think it would be faster then waiting for BW to answer this question.

I am playing a Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor, and I refuse to show helmet because it amputates my lekku.

Primarily because I don't have the PTS client installed, enclosed helmets aren't available at level 10, the preview window doesn't always accurately reflect these issues, and I don't want to spoil the storyline.

So I turn to the community. I usually don't get such an oppositional response, though. Of course, I've yet to find an answer, either.

:t_frown:

Yeah I so hated that, and even when I have gear that does show lekku it sticks trough the helmet as it's not supposed to do that because I had stuff going TROUGH my lekku.

Must be the first lekku-piercing helmetsize.

I don't want an official response. I just want to see if the helmet clipping still happens after all the post-launch tweaks Bioware made to lekku-headgear interactions.

On some helmets, yes, yes it does. I play a Twi'lek assassin and, for example, the operation head item (rakata) has lekku poking out from the back. Some of the inq full headgear remove lekku completely while some don't (bugged ones). All helmets that show your face I.E open-face helmets, show the lekku clipping out the back. Like someone said, make a twi'lek, get to the fleet and check the GTN and view them in the dressing room. You obviously refuse to listen to anything anyone says, so look it up yourself.

You get hostility when you ask a question and refuse to believe the answer. Why the hell are you asking in the first place, then?
It's not that I don't believe everyone, it's just that no one's provided an answer to the actual request I made. There's been anecdotal responses, based on other things experienced in game, but nothing about a Twi'lek that's equipped an actual Trooper helmet.

I'm asking because someone might be able to give the answer. There's nothing wrong with that.

And I never claimed I got a sense of hostility. I just don't usually see so much opposition to a question being asked and hoping for an answer to the question itself.

On some helmets, yes, yes it does. I play a Twi'lek assassin and, for example, the operation head item (rakata) has lekku poking out from the back. Some of the inq full headgear remove lekku completely while some don't (bugged ones). All helmets that show your face I.E open-face helmets, show the lekku clipping out the back. Like someone said, make a twi'lek, get to the fleet and check the GTN and view them in the dressing room. You obviously refuse to listen to anything anyone says, so look it up yourself.
I'm not sure the headgear that results in lekku clipping are the bugged ones. I honestly think the instances where lekku are hidden are the unintended results.

Based on observations made in beta there seems to be different classifications of headgear, at least as far as how they interact with head ornamentation. Most of the light and medium headgear that hides the face are considered masks. They hide the lekku entirely. "Hats" do not, and you end up with clipping issues; most hats are medium armor, but some are light. "Headbands" cause all sorts of issue with lekku, and especially when considered alongside hoods.

In addition, there seems to be unique properties for "helmets", which are essentially comprised of enclosed Trooper or Bounty Hunter heavy headgear. This is the classification I'm curious about, and the behavior of the others are not necessarily going to be sufficient to indicate what will occur.

With all due respect, it seems you either don't understand or refuse to because you don't like the answer. I went ahead an re-read the entire thread and your question as I understand it has been answered. Sometimes they clip through on the bugged helms, sometimes they don't. If you're wondering if there are plans to make specific lekku friendly models, that I don't know, I doubt it's on the short term list.

I'm not sure the headgear that results in lekku clipping are the bugged ones. I honestly think the instances where lekku are hidden are the unintended results.

Based on observations made in beta there seems to be different classifications of headgear, at least as far as how they interact with head ornamentation. Most of the light and medium headgear that hides the face are considered masks. They hide the lekku entirely. "Hats" do not, and you end up with clipping issues; most hats are medium armor, but some are light. "Headbands" cause all sorts of issue with lekku, and especially when considered alongside hoods.

In addition, there seems to be unique properties for "helmets", which are essentially comprised of enclosed Trooper or Bounty Hunter heavy headgear. This is the classification I'm curious about, and the behavior of the others are not necessarily going to be sufficient to indicate what will occur.

Since you refuse to believe the "dressing room" view of the helmets, and Twi'leks cannot be troopers or bounty hunters currently, only those in the PTS could possibly know. However, I doubt anyone has leveled a twi'lek just to know that, as most people simply hide headgear on twi'leks precisely because most look stupid. Only a developer could possibly answer this to your satisfaction which you should easily deduce before even asking the question.

Regardless, there are no various categories that work differently. It's either a model slapped on top of your head OR a replacement. The reason for the disparity is because some helmets work incorrectly, hence they are bugged. This is the only thing that makes any sort of sense from a designer standpoint.

Additionally, "full helmets" are indeed supposed to replace your entire head because they are modeled to work with a body type regardless of facial details. If they didn't, they would have to make a new helmet for every single facial detail to avoid clipping and that, again, makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Edited by Jandi

With all due respect, it seems you either don't understand or refuse to because you don't like the answer. I went ahead an re-read the entire thread and your question as I understand it has been answered. Sometimes they clip through on the bugged helms, sometimes they don't. If you're wondering if there are plans to make specific lekku friendly models, that I don't know, I doubt it's on the short term list.
I agree and understand this; some classifications of headgear clip and some don't. I don't think folks are understanding my inquiry.

I'm asking specifically about "helmet"-classification headgear. I'm not wondering about masks, hats, hoods, or headbands; no one has yet offered any information regarding a "helmet"-classification item. Other than on the test server, at this point only a mid to high level Twi'lek Guardian can equip one. I've yet to meet a character that's tried it.

Regardless, there are no various categories that work differently. It's either a model slapped on top of your head OR a replacement. The reason for the disparity is because some helmets work incorrectly, hence they are bugged. This is the only thing that makes any sort of sense from a designer standpoint.
Observation demonstrates otherwise. There is a marked pattern to the headgear that displays lekku and those that don't, and they do conform to the division that some folks noticed in beta.

Once again, as to the design intent what "makes sense" to you may not make sense to others, and even if it does, what "makes sense" might still not be intended in this situation. There are a lot of variables to consider, I imagine many of which we are unaware of.

Absolutely agree, would love to know. Can't see why they haven't fixed head clipping issues on at least the end game gear. This was stuff SWG had.

Stop lying. On cloaks the Lekku vanished and was replaced with a lump on the back of your head. On helmets, they simply clipped through to the front and went through your chest if you looked down as they were just static, empty models. No more than sticks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.