Where To Find Better Chest Gear?

DavidDaDuke

I've been wearing the same Battle Instructor Vest since level 30 and am now level 45, I have kept it up with mods but it still feels like i don't have as good enough gear as i should. I have checked the galactic market and all the vendors and commendation vendors, yet i still cannot find a better chest piece, but i know it's out there. Any places to find one?

All of the DPS mods (Might) found on commendation vendors are a "level" below the tanking mods (for example, Guardian mods found on nar shadaa are 8 or 9, while Might mods are 7. This is also true for all DPS focused mods). The only ways to obtain equal level mods are through questing rewards and the GTN. Artificers craft DPS Enhancements and max level Hilts. Cybertechs craft max level Mods/Armoring mods.

A cheaper alternative is to run Flashpoints. They contain gear with the best blue quality mods available for your level.

Edited by GlennWippenberg

I wouldn't worry about mods being one lvl lower at 45, you'll outlevel them anyway once you hit 50 & get to the dailies, flashpoints etc.

Besides that the game isn't that unforgiving if you've been slacking a little with keeping your set up to date

Edited by Stealios