matrix datacron versus relics

peterjohndevries

so I am going about collecting my matrix shards and I can see that the stat boosts are nice. But other relics give you stats + some specific power (i.e. +300 defense for 20 seconds).

Do the matrix datacrons give you a power as well once formed? i wouldn't want to give that huge defense pop up just for stats only....or do people believe the stat boost is way more valuable (I just don't see that...guarding a door in voidstar is all about stacking defense and not my strength or say 600HP)

No, datacrons just give you a stat boost like equipment does, they don't work like relics. BTW The end game datacrons will give you a +10 in all stats. Mid game datacrons are better suited for neutral players because relics have alignment requirements. Edited by Owsley

He's talking about the matrix cube you construct with the colored shards. They are a bit weak imo, due to not having any activated buff, but they have pretty good stats (the level 50 ones anyway). They are also blue quality, and I'm surprised they aren't putting epic quality ones in for 1.2.

He's talking about the matrix cube you construct with the colored shards. They are a bit weak imo, due to not having any activated buff, but they have pretty good stats (the level 50 ones anyway). They are also blue quality, and I'm surprised they aren't putting epic quality ones in for 1.2.

I know. That's what I'm talking about, the datacron you contruct from matrix shards and equip.

They are a bit weak imo

Most people consider the lvl 50 to be the best option in the game, because the stats you get from the are quite a bit higher then you get from even lvl 50 relics. The buff you get from a relic is nice, but it's only 20 seconds long, so about one fight.

Yes you lose out on a active power, but you can only use one at a time, and can only have one matrix datacron.

that's a good point. My +300 defense can only be combined with a relic which gives me +240.....so putting in the stat shard datacron might be a good substitute.

but the nice thing is about having the two datacrons/relics is that the cooldown timer is only 30s I between them and then the 2 min cooldown on the activated one.

So you can really hit one and cycle to the less powerful one in a fight and then you only have 90 seconds downtime between them both being off....and 6%-7% defense on a tank is pretty worthwhile hold a door!

And the +10 all stat you mention is a holocron right? That is not the same issue and are just a collection process.....

No, you may only have 1 assembled matrix cube. It gives you an error if you try to assemble a second one.

Not sure if this has been changed or not but you use to be able to put an assembled cube in your cargo hold and assemble a 2nd.