Third Facion: New Empire

ChazDoit

Well, looks like someone in Trion had a similar IDEA

This only proves to me that implementing a 3rd faction in a game that already has 2 established factions is possible

yeah, its easy to "add lore" to a game that essentially has none. its part of the reason why i finally decided to cancel. on top of that, their "mercenary" system, and general horribly repeated content, and the complete lack of sense that the dev team calls "balance", not just between classes, but even souls within those classes, lead me to finally cancel my sub. infernal dawn was good, but nowhere near good enough.

Possible, yes. A good idea?

Let's wait until Elder Scrolls does it, because RIFT is already dead in the water.

i would disagree with "dead in the water", it has a solid, dedicated playerbase that are very happy with the game and are more than willing to grind their hearts away in the game. even with the drop in subs vs launch, and the additional cash they were able to pull in with vet rewards, they arent going anywhere anytime soon.

I would say the Hutts make for an excellent third faction already in the lore. Could easily be a neutral faction hired as mercenaries, or give a rogue Hutt the resources to make a play for power on his own.

Open world pvp needs 3 factions as a minimum to be tactically interesting.