Server transfers and Legacy

Ydoajin

The Oceanic community has been begging for MMOs to run servers in our regions, so for that part thank you.

Not knowing how long Bioware were going to take with the transfers I started rolling numerous characters on the new Oceanic regional servers and adjusting to 20-30ms as opposed to the usual 200-300+ms. For those die hard PVP'ers this is a very notable difference and I quite enjoyed the responsiveness during PVP.

Prior to the announcement and release of these servers I was around 22-25 Legacy on my main account on the oceanic server. Now I have roughly 8-10 Legacy on the oceanic server as I see no point in continuing to pvp with high latency on US servers.

This is all well and good but here is my issue:

Why is it that only the higher number (legacy level) will be the one that is taken up after the transfer when the accounts are joined?

If I have put the time into leveling my legacy and you are offering free transfers for us and only allowing the higher number I am loosing out on about 10 legacy levels after the transfer!!

In short if you are offering free transfers add the Legacy, If later on there is an option for paid or unpaid transfer the higher amount will remain.

Because lower legacy levels require much less legacy exp. People would make 5 legacy lvl10 chars in no time ready to be merged and gobbled up, that's why. I also assume it would take a lot of extra work for everything to merge seamlessly, which would mean it would take even longer for customers to get the service.

You have to complete Act 1 to unlock legacy, so I don't think it would be that much faster to make 5 lvl 10 legacy levels. They could just add the legacy experience together, but I think you were right when you said it would take too much extra work.

You have to complete Act 1 to unlock legacy, so I don't think it would be that much faster to make 5 lvl 10 legacy levels. They could just add the legacy experience together, but I think you were right when you said it would take too much extra work.

If we are able to transfer multiple characters and it added up as suggested then that's basically a shortcut to max Legacy (not that it means much since you have to pay for most stuff in addition to unlocking it).

I was suggesting adding experience per legacy, not per character (I.e. if you leave a character on the server you transferred from, their legacy level would go back down to 0)

Well, I wasn't only responding to you (as suggested was in reference to other people), sorry for the confusion there...but at the same time, why back to 0? It's not like you only used one character to level your Legacy, so if you want to move an alt that would screw up your whole original Legacy. We also don't know if they keep track of your Legacy experience, especially since they've already adjusted the values per level since launch.

Meanwhile, because they gated things with credits and restricted most of the perks to solo play I see no reason why it'd be an issue to let people directly "copy" their Legacy to multiple servers by transferring characters.

It seems more convenient, easier, and most sensible to the player to just give them their highest Legacy. After all, we'll need to farm credits (which can help gain Legacy experience if done certain ways) to get the higher benefits no matter what.

Edited by Prismatico

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.