How to do Heroics by my self?

lcemaster

What are some tips you guys can give me to do the heroics with a jedi guardian? Nobody plays the republic, so I need to do all of it by my self, so any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have much better advice for you. Reroll at the top populated server in your timezone. This game is MMO, you are not supposed to make heroics by yourself.

Edited by FarizAA

What are some tips you guys can give me to do the heroics with a jedi guardian? Nobody plays the republic, so I need to do all of it by my self, so any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

You can solo H2s at level 50, if you have good gear.

I wouldn't try prior to that though.

Just summon Doc, make sure he's in his healing stance and charge into a group. Make sure you use "Awe" to mezz the groups and focus on killing the weaker mobs first.

Awe lasts 8 seconds giving you enough time to take out a silver mob.

Once you're down to a 2v1 just use common sense. Force Push and Force Stasis can buy Doc a little time to catch up on healing should you need it.

I find the weakest group of mobs, maybe 2 silvers and a gold. Between me and Kira I can kill those without any big cds, just aggro management and focus fire.

I can kill the champion elite with some aggro management, saber ward, heroic cd for hp regen, and maybe another saber ward before it dies.

Never tried 2 golds, but I'm sure i could probably beat using the same tactic as above.

Only lv 26 so far though.

H2s are doable.

Just summon Doc, make sure he's in his healing stance and charge into a group. Make sure you use "Awe" to mezz the groups and focus on killing the weaker mobs first.

Once you're down to a 2v1 just use common sense. Force Push and Force Stasis can buy Doc a little time to catch up on healing should you need it.

I tend to focus on the strongest mobs first, since by the time the weaker mobs are dead, the stronger one has nearly killed me, i learnt that the hard way....not sure why people still give this advice.

not sure why people still give this advice.

Because it is assumed weak mobs tend to do relatively more base damage than a champion.

Crude example:

Champ is level 10: Damage/level may be 1x100 + 9x50 = 550 damage/tick

A normal (10) might be: 1x75 + 9 *25 = 300 damage/tick

If you can take a normal down in less than half the time than it takes you to down the champ, you have profit ;)

EDIT: Wrong assumed numbers

Edited by Veniras

I tend to focus on the strongest mobs first, since by the time the weaker mobs are dead, the stronger one has nearly killed me

Agree with the poster responding above

it's not about which mob does more dmg, it's about which incoming dmg source can you eliminate fastest and if it's worth priority over a slower to kill, heavier source of dmg

Even if the stronger mob does 50% more dmg, he may have 100% more health. It's all about the DPS:HP ratio. During the time killing the big mob, you could have killed 2 small mobs, reducing 4/7ths of the incoming dmg from the group leaving 3/7ths to solo.

It behooves you to kill a mob with the highest dps:hp ratio over one with a lower one. and when mobs are champ/elite they get a bigger boost to hp and mitigation than to dps.

Edited by Prolyfic

As full-defense, I was able to solo most (not all) H2s using Doc. Basic strat was to burn in the order of Normal>Strong>Elite. Try to CC the strongest mobs as much as possible while burning the weaker ones.

It was rarely a picture of awesomeness, and many times I would scrape by using multiple CDs or lose a life here or there, but I could successfully complete the mission more often than not.

H4s are easier to solo at 50 then the H2s but all the dailies are soloable.

Roll an assassin or shadow.

Edited by clearsighted

You're really SOL until you either are significantly over level for the Heroic, or you get your healer companion. Otherwise, you just can't hold off the enemies long enough without dying. And even then, your chances of doing Heroic 4s at anything above a low green level aren't great (but really, what did you expect against a mission that usually needs 4?).

If you still want to try, general tactics:

1) Always focus on one enemy at a time. Get your companion to attack the same enemy as you by using Ctrl-1.

2) Kill the weakest enemies first. Reducing the body count is your best chance at survival, and the adds typically do more damage than they can take. Particularly focus on any mob that attempts to heal.

3) Keep your companion alive, obviously.

4) Find/craft the best gear for you and your companion.

5) When attacking an enemy, try to move so that you and your companion are attacking from opposite sides, which reduces the chance that splash damage from the enemy will hit both of you.

Really, the advice to re-roll on a better populated server for your time zone isn't bad, though, if you're not all that high level. It doesn't get any more crowded at the higher level planets, and heroics are more fun when you take them on with others at the appropriate level.

Edited by dizzyMongoose