The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combat Tactics

patch notes don't say what it does. anyone know ? a full tactics build just seems invalid at the moment and i really want to like it.

I favor it over any other tested build because of the utility it brings to PVP (even HIP Tac/assault hybrid 0/23/18). Of course its harder than assault because of the utility part, but after 1.2 assault will be much weaker (interior cooldown on HIP proc reset, longer interior cooldown on Plasma cell proc). It has better survival than assault, and this is the best AOE dps build for vanguard.

Right now 1.1.5e 8/31/2 is might not burst dps, but once 1.2 will hit, this WILL be the best dps build possible.

Check Pulse Cannon + Pulse Generator. (70% slow to all targets and not-interuptable if having 5 stacks of Pulse generator on)

Edited by Nezyrworks

I favor it over any other tested build because of the utility it brings to PVP (even HIP Tac/assault hybrid 0/23/18). Of course its harder than assault because of the utility part, but after 1.2 assault will be much weaker (interior cooldown on HIP proc reset, longer interior cooldown on Plasma cell proc). It has better survival than assault, and this is the best AOE dps build for vanguard.

Right now 1.1.5e 8/31/2 is might not burst dps, but once 1.2 will hit, this WILL be the best dps build possible.

Check Pulse Cannon + Pulse Generator. (70% slow to all targets and not-interuptable if having 5 stacks of Pulse generator on)

Non-interruptable? Oh yes. It will just be ridiculous.

On a side note. There is some serious hate against tactics. I don't think people understand just how powerful Tactics is. It is sustained damage versus Assault's burst. I know that pvp damage does not give us an accurate comparison between the specs but there are few Assault Vanguards that can do more damage in a match than I. It's probably due to the aoe dps but when the stars don't align so poor wretch is suffering my pulse cannon wrath.

God help anyone that tries to 1v1 you or even worse, doesn't want to 1v1 you but accidentally runs into harpoon range...They will evacuate their bowels ^^.

Defending an objective can be boring as a Vanguard. Mainly because people just don't want to bother with you or are too stupid to organize. I would like to think its mainly the former, but since it is the interwebz, I think its a 30/70 split in favor of the latter. When the action does come your way, you are a survivor. 2v1? Don't stop your constant sustained dps, ya never know, might kill both of them (probably not in lvl 50 pvp but ya never know).

On an even farther side note, look at the talents in Tactics. If you want to be an annoying as hell controller via lower cd stuns, grapples, and interrupts (healers will love you and by love you I mean hate you because you are on their *** denying them heals constantly).

If you're like me and love the "crap spec but really omgwtfpwange on the hush hush spec/ advanced class" then take a look at Tactics and be suprised/confirm what you always knew deep inside was true.

1.2 is going to be sweet.

tactics is different than assault.

Personally i ran assault till very recently when i decided i wanted to get used to the spec i'm gonna use in 1.2.

I can no longer burst tank sins down, without going below 50% hp, but i also can no longer be killed by ops who try to stun you to death. also tanks are easier to kill since 95% of my damage comes from tech abilites now that hib isnt my primary damage dealer.

tactics needs more attention payed to each fight to get everything out of the spec, assault is just watch for procs and then hitting hib.