The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault PvP Gearing Advice

_Exsol

Hey guys,

Thought I'd pop in for some advice on gearing up as Assault. I've played mostly Iron Fist and Carolina Parakeet and I'm making the switch to full Assault now that I'm BM and have the expertise to live a lot longer.

I'm making the transition into mostly Champ gear now, but have been struggling to make the decision on what gear to pick-up.

I could just go full Eliminators and I think that's what BW wants, however, I feel thats not the best.

For example, implants.

Comparing the Super-commando to the Eliminator, I'd lose some crit (which I feel isn't itemized well for us) and gain roughly 60+ endurance adding to survivability, however, I'm torn because I feel assault is really an all in spec, where burst is king.

Lastly is the OH, comparing the Champion to Centurion power generator.

Gains are:

+16 Endurance

+7 Expertise

+48 Accuracy

+77 Crit

+49 Tech Power

But lose out on:

-61 Power

-40 Surge

I don't think the trade off is worth it, and it would appear sticking with the Centurion is the best bet?

TL : DR What is the best gear set-up for Assault, all Eliminator or a mixture of different set pieces/off pieces.

i don't understand why you're comparing the tank gear to dps gear. apples and potatoes. tank gear will net you crap dps. in pvp you could tank decent in dps gear tho. combat tech set has 2 useful bonuses to van. elim set has 1. assault spec works fine with tech armor right out of the box.

i don't understand why you're comparing the tank gear to dps gear.

The reason I was 'comparing' or asking for advice is to try and min/max stats, which for other classes is done by mixing different off pieces or sometimes set pieces.

For min/max reasons, (I don't play assault but I'm on these boards a lot, so I can give you some info to start your search) I believe you want to go eliminator for the 4 piece set bonus, then start swapping out the accuracy enhancements with the endurance/power/surge enhancements that you get from smuggler enforcer gloves.

Edit: may want to check this thread out, a lot more info on it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=350261

Edited by physiology