the absolute next thing this game needs to compete...

... is a dungeon que system. Say what you will about constantly getting arrogant toe jams who only think they know what theyre talking about... but it doesnt happen NEARLY enough to make leveling quicker, getting better gear, and actually getting to experience most of the content on lower pop servers on more than a weekly basis. Plus considering there is only 1 planet for most of the leveling brackets it would help with leveling quicker if we could que for something other than just pvp. Also it would help breathe new life into the game, just as it did in literally any other game that has that kind of system.

The advantages here FAR outweigh the single disadvantage, which given that the community in swtor is, in my experience anyway, FAR superior to wow (WoW has quantity, SWtor has quality) in almost every respect, I doubt the single disadvantage would effect the game that much.

ya like this subject hasn't been beaten into the ground.

Maybe if the game was decent and had higher populations you woulnd't need an add on to get a group.

Or perhaps they should merge some servers? Nah that's bad press.

You're screwed mate! Reroll on a populated server!

And btw, if they sped up the leveling any more you'd make 50 in a week. As of now you can be 50 in less than a month on 4 hrs of casual play.

Edited by Stadulator

Por Que?

The word is Queue. It beats me why a small subset of monolingual MMO players think that they can speak Mexican, English should a perfectly good language for them to write in.

Es cierto?

Prestar atención en la escuela, por favor!

Edited by Bhaers

At this rate, I would take anything to make the game feel like its not such a ghost town. Some posters are waving the "it a new game give it time". problem is, it doesnt matter how much time I give it, new players arent attracted by ghost towns. MMO includes the word Multiplayer. And with server pops so low, the game will fall on its own sword long before any of us get the chance to say good bye. Bioware. Swallow your pride. You can still right this ship. Save SWTOR. I love this game, but I wont play it alone forever.

:)

Greetings everyone!

There are several threads regarding implementing a Looking For Group/ Dungeon Finder System. In the interest of consolidating discussion and feedback, we are going to close this thread. We ask that you please continue this discussion here:

Additionally, the following information also discusses this tool:

In the Community Q + A Blog for February 24th, 2012:

deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.

In this post:

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.

In this post:

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

The Group Finder feature we've discussed for the near future is definitely single-server only.

You can also find all this information in our Developer Tracker!

Thank you for your understanding on why we have closed this thread. :)