The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KT after 50

Rodstorm

I'am still leveling my Infiltration Shadow at the moment but have noticed in a lot of research from here that TK, or TT to be more correct, is not used in a level 50 priority list.

I've seen it on the Balance priorities but never on the Infiltration side of things.

I'am gueesing it has to do with the channel time but as a leveling dps tool its been fantastic.

I understand in pvp its a little long to be standing in one place but as I'am mainly pve thats not a real issue, I think.

So can someone explain to me why I wont be using it after level 50?

Really, you should only be using TK Throw (that's the standard abbreviation, by the way) as part of your rotation if you're Kinetic. For Balance and Infiltration, it doesn't do enough damage to be worth it. Two Double/Clairvoyant Strikes will do far more. If you're thinking of using it to help maintain force, it's better just to use Saber Strike.

The only real time to be using it as Balance/Infiltration is to use Force Potency charges if you want a 30m ranged attack. You could also use it in group PvE content if for some reason you can't get into melee range (some sort of boss mechanic or something). However, if you can melee, it's a low-priority skill.

There is the occasional other time you use it. As Balance, I sometimes use Force Wave -> Sever Force -> TK Throw to deal with tough melee enemies. However, it's not really about the TK Throw damage, but rather keeping them away while my DoTs tick. And even then, that combo is easily interrupted and not worth using in most cases.