Retractable Blade back in IF?

seabromd

I don't know why people don't put the one point into it more often. It's dmg to heat ratio is decent and you can't mitigate the damage is does. Not to mention it's a ****** looking animation, just wish the sound effect sounded a bit better haha.

I don't know why people don't put the one point into it more often. It's dmg to heat ratio is decent and you can't mitigate the damage is does. Not to mention it's a ****** looking animation, just wish the sound effect sounded a bit better haha.

umm the upfront damage is mitigated by armor, which is why it sucks. Its dot is weak, and like any other dot, can be cleansed. So that is definitely 1 point better spent somewhere else.

That, and the DoT component's damage is not mitigated by armor.

I wish the damage were higher, but it's a solid ability, and I find it useful when kiting melees or keeping sustained damage on an opponent trying to kite me.

Could you explain?

I don't know the IF stats but for full AP it does less damage then flameburst/rapidshots and the dot is usefull but there is no reason to reapply it often(until 1.2, where it will give a snare).

Could you explain?

I don't know the IF stats but for full AP it does less damage then flameburst/rapidshots and the dot is usefull but there is no reason to reapply it often(until 1.2, where it will give a snare).

IF is a PVP tank spec. Full AP has different mechanics: you have the 30% Surge talent for RB.

Rapid Shots does not deal more total damage than RB. Also, IIRC RB is Tech whereas RS is Ranged, so RS will be avoided (Defensed) in some cases.

Edited by taugrimtaugrim

currently leveling vanguard, follow IF build and just get my gut/RB at 41. i seriously don't notice any different. easy kills always easy. hard kills requires good timing of other skill. i just hope it gives more pressure to my target seeing dmg point constantly popping up along with other dots and of course my rapidshot weave. better than nothing.

@taugrim pls answer my question on vanguard sticky.

Ya, so the same logic of the community is still there... not *terrible*, but weak damage. Just wondering if there was some clear 1.2 change or if he managed to parse it and noticed it was the better bet.

(again, this is for the IF = Ironfist PvP tank build)

Just because it's more useful than building 31 in shield with the rest of the IF points as usual. When you throw it down you can add rail shot. That way you aren't stuck being unable to rail if you can't punch yet, or don't get an ion proc

Just because it's more useful than building 31 in shield with the rest of the IF points as usual. When you throw it down you can add rail shot. That way you aren't stuck being unable to rail if you can't punch yet, or don't get an ion proc

This is one of the biggest reasons I like to use it. If rocket punch is on cooldown, then RB gives you the DoT required for railshot.