Sang's Operative PvP Healing Guide

sang

First of all this is a great guide! I just read until page 4 and it was very clear, but you guys started giving opinions and I think I got interested on it.

I am first timer as Healer and I still lvl 23. I am really glad with my healing skills during FP, I think I am quite good. But on WZ I just suck. Tired of trying to follow the team and provide them a few heal, but never get protection back. I feel like underestimated, and it is really annoying. I am focusing on SP just to try to be competent as a healer that the team want to guard me back.

Sorry, it was a relief to finally let it out! Lol!

But back to the "Opinions" subject, I have a question: specing focus on Energy is ********? I was trying to spec myself with the following, but now I feel uncomfortable to say that I could be a little naive doing that.

So pls, give me your honest opinion about this spec I was thinking to try:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MfcrzGoRzZ0cZGbMkM.2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Greate guide! TY! Lots of usefull hints!

I only wonder (may be I missed smth) why dont you mention take cover ability?

When I play BH or Warrior this cover of operatives and snipes is really a mess!

As there are no cd on it, when I play my healer-operative, I always cast Kinj only from cover, having it on the same button. It only takes double "click" on the button, but no interrupts from charge possible. And I can stay in cover for some time, and make some other actions if situation allows.

Also I think becouse we have only 1 skill that really requires alacrity, it could be a good idea to have more crit and power rather that alacrity, so i take dmg set instead of healer set.

Yes, that aoe-healing set-buff is awesome, but, only if you use that aoe. Its a good ability, but as a personal choice, i found myself more comfortable in pvp to play in mixed spec, where I go in concealment tree as high as to take improved sever tendon and speed boost on blackout. Yes, HPS on that spec is less, and dispell is not that good, but mobility and survivability become greater, and that makes difference in numerous situations on WZ. For example, fast relocation, and I was relived, as now when i have Mara on me i just give him a comlete stop from ST, and then speed myself up with blackout to go to LOS, while continuing with heal on myself or teammates. Another usefull things in this spec - HOTs heal me while in restealth, and small but still a HOT from steam boost is often on me.

In this spec with 4% endurance boost from talent, in full WH set (not yet fully augumented) and endurance Rakata stim i have 20k health and that also helps to survive bursts, gives time to heal myself up.

Greate guide! TY! Lots of usefull hints!

I only wonder (may be I missed smth) why dont you mention take cover ability?

When I play BH or Warrior this cover of operatives and snipes is really a mess!

As there are no cd on it, when I play my healer-operative, I always cast Kinj only from cover, having it on the same button. It only takes double "click" on the button, but no interrupts from charge possible. And I can stay in cover for some time, and make some other actions if situation allows.

Also I think becouse we have only 1 skill that really requires alacrity, it could be a good idea to have more crit and power rather that alacrity, so i take dmg set instead of healer set.

Yes, that aoe-healing set-buff is awesome, but, only if you use that aoe. Its a good ability, but as a personal choice, i found myself more comfortable in pvp to play in mixed spec, where I go in concealment tree as high as to take improved sever tendon and speed boost on blackout. Yes, HPS on that spec is less, and dispell is not that good, but mobility and survivability become greater, and that makes difference in numerous situations on WZ. For example, fast relocation, and I was relived, as now when i have Mara on me i just give him a comlete stop from ST, and then speed myself up with blackout to go to LOS, while continuing with heal on myself or teammates. Another usefull things in this spec - HOTs heal me while in restealth, and small but still a HOT from steam boost is often on me.

In this spec with 4% endurance boost from talent, in full WH set (not yet fully augumented) and endurance Rakata stim i have 20k health and that also helps to survive bursts, gives time to heal myself up.

i agree. just a note, you can't trade alacrity out for power.

You have primary stats:

CUNNING/END

secondary stats:

Crit/Power

tertiary stats:

surge/accuracy/alacrity

if you think alacrity isn't important, then you should be taking things that are crit/surge and power/surge. obviously, accuracy is totally useless to you. (It is useless to all operatives, really, as we're almost all tech attack/tech healing).

Thing is, surge hits a really hard DR wall where just being able to cast faster helps you cast more heals, which helps you get more TA's quicker, etc. Trading a 0.25% surge increase for a 0.75% alacrity increase starts making sense.

I guess, what I'm saying is, it's sort of a "why not?" stat and not a game breaking stat.

Edited by RyanReagan

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
As soon as I saw not speccing into recup nanotech, I stopped reading. Have fun with that :D

You mean you stopped reading when a 2-year old link (when 31 points WAS recuperative nanotech) isn't being displayed properly because of talent tree extensions when 2.0 came out?

Yeah. It's because of time, not because the guy didn't know how to spec 2 years ago.

• 10 months later...