The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Major computer issues

Shredbull

So after upgrading several computer parts, I replaced my case and power supply today. I previously had a 550W power supply, a crappy one, and a mid tower case which was too small for my hardware but it worked.

I decided to go all out and got a 1000W seasonic platinum power supply and the new Coolermaster Cosmos II case.

I have installed everything, and it has just been running VERY slowly. I have 16 GB of ram, an i7 2700k core, you name it, and a decent gpu.

It is like i am rocking a windows 2000 computer.

I am also getting alot of random blue screens at the moment which i never had with my old setup.

Any advice? I could really use it right now :S

I had an issue with my pc rebooting and blue screening myself. It turned out my cpu for some reason was way overclocking in my bios. I never adjusted it so not sure how. I Adjusted so it was running it at normal speed. So my suggestion is to make sure that your cpu is not way overclocked. Edited by Kopernicous

Maybe you forgot to connect the extra power cables to the graphics card again? Had this happen once. Hard to see, but comes to mind on poor performance after fiddling with the psu :) Edited by Rytikar

Have you tried re-connecting the old PSU and see if it works fine with that one? The new PSU might have a problem with it -- rare, but possible. You could also try testing the PSU with a multimeter if you have one just to make sure everything is as it should be.

Like others said: check all the cables and make sure the RAM is seated properly!

Good luck. Hope it works.