Obi Wan vs Dooku....

Darth_Solrac

So is the chief reasoning behind Obi Wan getting lolpwned by Dooku (twice actually) still cuz he was simply tired? That's it? He sure looked like he had plenty of energy/willpower/confidence left right before he fought Dooku.

He's supposed to be the greatest practitioner of his style ever, right?

Soooo.....

Dooku won the fight 2x in the movies , I think it is safe to say we can say Dooku is the winner.

EU lore has it to where Dooku and many around him at a time thought him to be the chosen one. Because Dooku at one time was considered top notch Jedi and very skilled.

I like Obi-wan more tha Dooku anyday but it is what it is.

My question is and I often wondered why Dooku never killed Obi-wan while he had the chance.

Anakin would have lost his marbles and went on a killing spree till he killed Dooku and surely would have been on the path of the darkside way before Ep3.

With no Obi-Wan there to guide him , and you can see Anakin had alot of distrust already building for the Jedi in Ep2. If Dooku would have killed Obi-Wan , Anakin would have turn to Palpitine for what to do and we can surely see where that would have went .

Not to mention the Vadar we knew would have never been , and the Empire more than likely would have had Emperor Vadar instead of Palpitine . Anakin would have raised his kids and they would have been unstopable as Luke seems to be now.

Dooku won the fight 2x in the movies , I think it is safe to say we can say Dooku is the winner.

EU lore has it to where Dooku and many around him at a time thought him to be the chosen one. Because Dooku at one time was considered top notch Jedi and very skilled.

My question is and I often wondered why Dooku never killed Obi-wan while he had the chance.

Anakin would have lost his marbles and went on a killing spree till he killed Dooku and surely would have been on the path of the darkside way before Ep3.

With no Obi-Wan there to guide him , and you can see Anakin had alot of distrust already building for the Jedi in Ep2. If Dooku would have killed Obi-Wan , Anakin would have turn to Palpitine for what to do and we can surely see where that would have went .

Not to mention the Vadar we knew would have never been , and the Empire more than likely would have had Emperor Vadar instead of Palpitine . Anakin would have raised his kids and they would have been unstopable as Luke seems to be now.

I don't think Dooku ever had the chance to kill him, in ATOC he almost did but the fatal blow was blocked by Anakin. The 2nd time, I think he was more focused on trying to turn Anakin to the darkside rather then kill him...which I would take a stab, if he succeeded he would have Anakin kill his own master.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

(I actually agree with mefit. Once in a lifetime chance. lol)

This is true. In the Dark Rendzevous novel, Yoda goes on about how they thought Dooku to be the Chosen One.

The reason Obi-wan never died by Dooku's is because Dooku badly wanted Obi-wan as an apprentice. But it was kind of difficult as you can imagine to turn him...

It was actually the other way around. Dooku saw killing Anakin as a way to turn Obi-wan. But Palps always ordered him not to. Dooku knew Anakin was the CHosen One, but he also viewed Anakin as a major threat instead of potential ally since the CHosen One is prophecized to destroy the Dark Side. Several times he argued with Palps about Killing the biggest threat to the Sith instead of turning him. But Palps always talked about how he was the strongest User ever and blah blah blah.

I don't think Dooku ever had the chance to kill him, in ATOC he almost did but the fatal blow was blocked by Anakin. The 2nd time, I think he was more focused on trying to turn Anakin to the darkside rather then kill him...which I would take a stab, if he succeeded he would have Anakin kill his own master.

Second fight , he pinned him down and was out for the whole Anakin vs Dooku round 2.

I do not think Anakin could stop Dooku from killing Obi-Wan but Anakin surely would have painted the ships interior with Dooku's blood if he did.

First FIght Anakin lost his hand , if Dooku would have not been playing around like most villians seem to do , a again pin down Obi-Wan could be a easy target .

I honestly think there should be a what If to this tale !

(I actually agree with mefit. Once in a lifetime chance. lol)

This is true. In the Dark Rendzevous novel, Yoda goes on about how they thought Dooku to be the Chosen One.

The reason Obi-wan never died by Dooku's is because Dooku badly wanted Obi-wan as an apprentice. But it was kind of difficult as you can imagine to turn him...

It was actually the other way around. Dooku saw killing Anakin as a way to turn Obi-wan. But Palps always ordered him not to. Dooku knew Anakin was the CHosen One, but he also viewed Anakin as a major threat instead of potential ally since the CHosen One is prophecized to destroy the Dark Side. Several times he argued with Palps about Killing the biggest threat to the Sith instead of turning him. But Palps always talked about how he was the strongest User ever and blah blah blah.

I agree also , I just have to wonder if Dooku would had been gunning to kill Obi-Wan how different things would have been . Do not get me wrong , I still think in the end Anakin would have killed Dooku , I just think he would have been more inraged to do it . To be it would be worth seeing in a side what if novel or comic . Not to mention I would love to see a Unsuited Anakin/Vadar after those events without anyone to stop him.

Second fight , he pinned him down and was out for the whole Anakin vs Dooku round 2.

I do not think Anakin could stop Dooku from killing Obi-Wan but Anakin surely would have painted the ships interior with Dooku's blood if he did.

First FIght Anakin lost his hand , if Dooku would have not been playing around like most villians seem to do , a again pin down Obi-Wan could be a easy target .

I honestly think there should be a what If to this tale !

While true for the first fight(though he cut off up to his forearm) almost right afterwards, Yoda came in. Seems that Dooku never got a break and he worked hard!

For the record, Anakin was supposed to be the 'chosen one'. He clearly starting drawing on the Dark Side to start besting Dooku. At that point, his force power, raw power period upped his dueling skills, & Dooku was indeed, simply overwhelmed.