Best in slot?

Raeshalgoul

I use the Heart of Ragnos and the Oath of Ragnos with the +41 expertise crystals. That is good until you can get the BM sabers. In the end, you will want the Battlemaster Sabers because they are tailored toward pvp, and the expertise boost is very valuable.

I use the Heart of Ragnos and the Oath of Ragnos with the +41 expertise crystals. That is good until you can get the BM sabers. In the end, you will want the Battlemaster Sabers because they are tailored toward pvp, and the expertise boost is very valuable.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

In this current patch, the PVE sabers with proper +41 power crystals in them WILL be better.

Patch 1.2 will have to see just how much the expertise cap changes.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

In this current patch, the PVE sabers with proper +41 power crystals in them WILL be better.

Patch 1.2 will have to see just how much the expertise cap changes.

Your joking right? Actually looks like your serious, yikes.

The Rakata sabers have higher total stats due to some oddities with the mods that you can't see in the BM saber.

Also, pretty sure the BM saber has an endurance crystal.

So, Rakata sabers are better (with power crystal), assuming you're not an idiot and you already have a ****ton of expertise (e.g. full BM gear).

If you have several high-value PvE slots (orange bracers, crit implants, etc), then the BM sabers will probably be better to supplement your expertise (using an expertise crystal in the Rakata sabers is not effective because it trades down power+end for Acc versus the BM sabers, which is generally not what you're aiming for).

I consider 10% expertise to be my soft cap and gear around that (500 expertise). I can reach 700 expertise for the 12%, but in my mind it's hit a steeper DR cap and my points might better be spent on off-stats like Power or Surge.

I personally use the Oath of Ragnos (offhand), Matrix Cube, 1 Mastercrafted Columi implant w/ 28 Surge augment, and Rakata helm as my non-Battlemaster pieces. The rest of my gear is BM.

I've found this to be a nice balance, and, that should be your main goal as well, finding the balance in your gear. You could do as you wish though, subbing out a belt or a bracer for crafted and then sub in the BM offhand, there is nothing wrong with that. The BM sabers are nicely itemized for us, high Endurance and Power, so you wouldn't be nerfing yourself at all by using them.

The real trick to providing yourself with BiS gear is re-working all of your mods and enhancements. But that will all change in a week or two, so I wouldn't put to much effort into it.

Edited by Angelfeeties

You should switch the helm to BM.

I would, but the BM helm base armouring is awful. BM Helm armouring has 33 Str and 31 End. The Rakata Helm armouring has 61 Str and 44 End. I'd basically be trading 28 Str and 13 End for 0.6% Expertise (500 to 550, 10.2% to 10.8%). I haven't ran the math, and don't have the mathematical prowess to do so, but i'd say that the difference between those are almost non-existent (until i'm proven wrong, in which case i'll swap). I'd hate to do so, because the Rakata helm looks aweeeesome, and it was the primary deciding factor in choosing that as one of my non-PVP pieces.

500 to 550 is pretty close, but weighs on the side of +expertise. The difference is minor, but it helps give you an expertise "buffer" in case you want to swap a more valuable trade elsewhere.

Either way, the aesthetic value is superior, although I have helms hidden so I get a nice hood :p.

Sidenote: The Armoring in the BM helm is not "bad"; it uses Rage Armoring like all the other BM pieces IIRC. The armoring in several Rakata non-helm slots (chest comes to mind, and there's one other piece) actually use Guardian Armoring, not Might Armoring.

Either way, the aesthetic value is superior, although I have helms hidden so I get a nice hood :p.

I'm waiting for 1.2. I have a crafted helm that shows just a face mask. Once I can move over PVP armouring/mods/enhancements, i'll use that and then disable helm, so the hood comes up with the face mask, just like my portrait picture.

It's gunna be even more awesome.

Edited by Angelfeeties

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.