Sorcerer healing in 1.2:How should we counter consumption in pvp?

Jenrais

Yes, the cast time reduction was removed, but look at what ELSE was changed - dark heal with force bending has a 60% crit chance now, and guess what? It's the same cast time as your force bent infusion was before.

Yes, and on a guaranteed crit is still barely more DPCT than casting an unbuffed DI (~10% more). Compared to the previous DI, it's terrible.

so let me get this right in pvp we r going to die even faster than normal, we cant regen force without half killing ourselves. *** was bioware thinking on my server we have maybe 4 healers at peak times, 3 of us r sorcs the other 2 sorcs r giving up on healing so that leaves me,great isnt wz going to be fun now. i dont get why we r getting nerfed and marauders r getting buffed anyhow

Everyone is whining about the dark infusion change, and they arent reading the rest of the patch notes at all.

Yes, the cast time reduction was removed, but look at what ELSE was changed - dark heal with force bending has a 60% crit chance now, and guess what? It's the same cast time as your force bent infusion was before.

Get 30%+ critical chance and a decent bit of surge and you'll be crit-casting dark heal every time you get force bending at that same 1.4 second cast time. You didnt lose burst healing at all.

On live you get two 1.4 second dark infusions that NON CRIT for the same amount of healing as dark heal crits. Factoring in crit cooldowns and the fact the that most sorcs had 40% crit, the burst healing was almost cut in half with 1.2.

Edited by Dolla_Billz

On live you get two 1.4 second dark infusions that NON CRIT for the same amount of healing as dark heal crits. Factoring in crit cooldowns and the fact the that most sorcs had 40% crit, the burst healing was almost cut in half with 1.2.

Also have to factor in the double-dipping. Intended or not, it's a major contributor to Sorc burst healing in 1.1.5.

wild idea here:

does lightning effusion affect healing skills? maybe you can throw 1 FL to get effusion proc. and your healing abilities will cost half the force. just like how you dont run out of force when you have lightning effusion. thoughts?

does lightning effusion affect healing skills? maybe you can throw 1 FL to get effusion proc. and your healing abilities will cost half the force. just like how you dont run out of force when you have lightning effusion. thoughts?

Yes, it does. Unfortunately, Lightning Effusion means you can't get Reviv, which while not incredible in Huttball, can definitely shine in Voidstar and Alderaan.

The nerf isn't close to as bad as people making out. If you take the talent point it reduces health lost by 4% when consumption used. Then you have the 4 set bonus to restore 3% hp after you use consumption. So that's 7% health less when consumption is used.....

All this throwing the toys out of the pram over this is insane, I am more concerned about the loss "haste" on force bending... even then it's gunna reduce force, so when we are not being focused we use Dark Infusion (at a force reduction with the new force bending - goes a way to managing your force lol!) and if you are being focused you will be forced to use dark heal and the increased crit chance it gets from force bending.

Are we getting yes? Yes, and rightfully so. Is it game breaking? Hellllll no, stop being little girls. Sorcerers will still be the best healers I think. (Maybe the odd operative will Dominate, but it's really rare to see a decent ops healer. Though with the concealment nerfs that might change!)

Edited by Ikole

The nerf isn't close to as bad as people making out. If you take the talent point it reduces health lost by 4% when consumption used. Then you have the 4 set bonus to restore 3% hp after you use consumption. So that's 7% health less when consumption is used.....

All this throwing the toys out of the pram over this is insane, I am more concerned about the loss "haste" on force bending... even then it's gunna reduce force, so when we are not being focused we use Dark Infusion (at a force reduction with the new force bending - goes a way to managing your force lol!) and if you are being focused you will be forced to use dark heal and the increased crit chance it gets from force bending.

Are we getting yes? Yes, and rightfully so. Is it game breaking? Hellllll no, stop being little girls. Sorcerers will still be the best healers I think. (Maybe the odd operative will Dominate, but it's really rare to see a decent ops healer. Though with the concealment nerfs that might change!)

Well, I was thinking to not write on forums anymore..so please take my comments just as my personal feeling about changes and want to say that I agree with Ikole,

I tested my fresh 50 sorcerer on PTS for last two weekends.. and my feeling is next:

PVE is doable but with feeling of "Doctor Mengele" because class (often due lack of power and time) and encounter mechanic (swithching agro, dps peaks) is forcing you to chose whom to ignore (mean to not heal) and to let him die.

For already good equiped (RAKATA) sorcerers change will not be as big deal, just to to be carefull with decisions and rotation and educate dps & tanks to not be so harsh, to use cc where its possible and bit slow down on trash encounters.. and everything will be doable...for fresh unequiped 50ties will be even easy HM very chalenging.

If you wana to heal in PVP .. be prepared to face melee horror...(iam not as masochistic to test more than two WG on PTS .. and i gave up

Sumary: Sorcerer will be still good healer for PVE encounters & and just"anoying" in good (masochistic) hands in PVP. But I dont feel healing after 1.2 confortable and funy anymore .. Well you will see today. Someone may found changes fine.. other not..

just my five cents.