The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Dps PVE?

Motred

OP go with the spec you want/feel is better for dps (right now that is Pyro but it might be changing in 1.2) To everyone bashing on each other Arsenal Merc's Blow PTs out of the water when it comes to BH dps

lol seeing how I ran with multiple Mercs in EV and none came within 5sec of my pyro in the infernal council fight (normal and hardmode), and seeing how PT pyros destroy any sort of dps merc in a WZ, I will have to take your comment with a grain of salt.

again where are these parses, and again what is the gear of the people parsing, all i have herd is people using BM gear to parse which is much better suited to Pyro then AP seeing how it has about 300 points of accuracy useless to AP thus making it perform less then it should.

Ok wow...<man this is getting tiring with you>

Please tell me who lied to you and said that BM gear is for Pyros? umm do you know that 90% of pyros use the "Merc" "Eliminator" gear, because the PT BM gear is ACTUALLY better for an AP and/or ST?

Accuracy?? ok, I guess you didnt get the memo that everyone's been following for months now. We take accuracy out, replace with Power/surge for AI gear, both for PvE AND PvP. So again, what other misinformation you want to spread around?

Ok wow...<man this is getting tiring with you>

Please tell me who lied to you and said that BM gear is for Pyros? umm do you know that 90% of pyros use the "Merc" "Eliminator" gear, because the PT BM gear is ACTUALLY better for an AP and/or ST?

Accuracy?? ok, I guess you didnt get the memo that everyone's been following for months now. We take accuracy out, replace with Power/surge for AI gear, both for PvE AND PvP. So again, what other misinformation you want to spread around?

What, logic, common sense, shhh, AP Fanatics can't understand that. You have to scream obscenities and talk in Yoda for them to understand clearly. Look if they understood that than that would mean they would understood common sense, which would then prevent them from saying AP is good on live, which they can't do because then that would require them to see logic.

If you are parsing on the Champion Ops dummy on PTS Pyros should get around 1200-1300 dps during a 3-5 minute fight if in FULL RAKATA.

The ones that are posturing the 1450+ dps are just parsing less than a minute while CDs, adrenals are triggered.

One of the best options for Pyros is their utlity, I can switch to tank gear and ion cyl and still be a viable offtank in hard and nightmare modes even without the shieldtech specific skills.

Edited by PDubs

• 2 months later...
If you are parsing on the Champion Ops dummy on PTS Pyros should get around 1200-1300 dps during a 3-5 minute fight if in FULL RAKATA.

The ones that are posturing the 1450+ dps are just parsing less than a minute while CDs, adrenals are triggered.

One of the best options for Pyros is their utlity, I can switch to tank gear and ion cyl and still be a viable offtank in hard and nightmare modes even without the shieldtech specific skills.

You must not be very skilled if you are only getting 1200-1300 dps on the operations dummy with full rakata.